Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

LouiseBell
My Device: 9900

Bold 9900 - Work Email Does Not Sync

Hi,

I've had a hugely painful experience trying to sync my work email (Outlook) to my blackberry. There are 4 other blackberry's in my company on exactly the same T-Mobile plan that all work fine. 12 hours over the past 3 weeks with our technical guys, and it still won't sync. T-Mobile can't help me either.

I can see my Outlook emails coming through on the device, however if I read them, they do not appear read on my Outlook. If I delete them from my device they will not delete from my Outlook. Effectively I am managing two inboxes now that are exactly the same (one of my BB and one in my Outlook). My contacts don't sync between the two, nor do my calendars. It is extremely frustrated. I spent a week away from the office on business last week, and when I returned this week, spent most of Monday sorting through my Outlook of all emails I have already actioned the previous week from my Blackberry. I also can't see blackberry sent emails in my Outlook sent box which is not ideal.

My blackberry was brand new 3 weeks ago, and I am completely fed up with trying to solve this issue. I don't know what else to do when our IT support cannot help me, nor can T-Mobile. I am wondering if there is a problem with the software on my phone, but there doesn't seem to be anyone at Blackberry I can phone either? I have searched for customer care numbers and nothing comes up for phone devices.

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Louise

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780

Re: Bold 9900 - Work Email Does Not Sync

Hi LouiseBell,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble while doing sync mail in between your handheld and outlook, but I would like to tell you, outlook in an offline application.

It will not sync with your handheld until you configure it with IMAP, please have words with your administrator and get it configure it in IMAP instead of POP3.

Do let us know for further query...!!

Please use plain text.