Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
MoJoNYC
My Device: Bold 9650

Bold 9900 and 9930 crashing while abroad

Last year my Verizon 9930 and this year my wife's ATT 9900 stopped working after a few days of  use overseas. Under both circumstances the phones were perfectly fine for the first few days after which the keyboards became unresponsive (delayed response, not being able to unlock, reboots). Battery pulls did not change anything. Interestingly you could see the email count going up so the phones were connecting. 24 hours after retuning to the US both phones worked as if nothing happened. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold 9900 and 9930 crashing while abroad

Hello...apologies for the delayed reply...hopefully you already found your answer, but just in case...

It's pretty much impossible to know for sure, but my suspicion is that some service on your BB was not properly functioning while roaming internationally, and caused the BB to "lock up" in a bad way. I know from personal experience that getting a BB to properly function in such a state (international roaming) can be quite tricky indeed...I had two "failed" trips where things did not work right before my carrier could properly configure my services so that they would work. The challenge is that all things must be configured by the carrier while the BB is actually "on" your home network, but testing cannot be done until you are roaming...and if it does not work, they (your carrier) can do nothing about it until the BB returns to the home carrier network. Catch-22.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.