Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

sralph70
My Device: BOLD 9900

Bold 9900 - bluetooth device not detected by Blackberry Desktop (but is paired in Windows 7)

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 and it is paired to my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit Dell Latitude laptop. The BB Desktop software (6.1.0.36) discovers my Bold and allows me to pair it, adds the device and then it is not visible in the list of bluetooth devices in BB Desktop software. I therefore cannot sync the device over BT ( I have enabled connections by BT in BB Desktop options). When I check my list of BT devices in Win7, my Bold 9900 appears in the list of paired devices. When I check its properties>services I see only four services listed - Desktop_1 (which is not checked), DUN (checked), Remote Control (Checked) and SMSMMS_0 (checked). It seems to me that the service needed for syncing is likely Desktop_1 but I cannot activate this? I have tried checking Desktop_1 but windows returns "The parameter is incorrect". I am connected to a corporate BES but the admin indicates that they have not disabled BT sync on the BES side (although no one else here seems to use it). I updated the firmware on the BB Bold to the latest release for good measure but this hasn't reolved it either.
onthesidelines
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Bold 9900 - bluetooth device not detected by Blackberry Desktop (but is paired in Windows 7)

Hi sralph - I am experiencing the same issue - did you find a solution ? Paul