If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sirtusir
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Three UK

Bold 9900 bluetooth or battery strange problem?

Hi everyone, i'm new on forum and i wish u will help me with my 1st problem.

Carrier: Three UK

Model info and version: 9900, 7.1 bundle 2061 v7.1.0.714, Platform 5.1.0.532.

Battery pull didnt fix a problem (nothin did by the way).

I will try to explain whats really happend to my phone. I own it for about 5 months and its never happend before untill last week. I was drivin in my friend car and just noticed BB car charger plugged in, soo i said to myself: lets do it, lets charge my BB for a bit. And thats what I obviously did. After about half an hour we went from the car soo I just unplugged the phone and everythink seems to be allrite. I did put a phone into my pocket as normal and just carry on workin. After a while i did wont to make a phone call and so I noticed phone is OFF. Battery gone? Nope i checked it, it was full. Soo after i restarted a phone i just make a phone call and i did the same think again: put it in to my pocket. After another while i just want to check what time it is. And then i realise the phone is off again.  Well, i just restarded again and is gone straight off. 

I been lookin on other websites for any solution of my problem. Somebody said on one, to keep my bluetooth on and thats gonna keep my phone alive soo i did. And is really workin! Thats strange enough :smileyhappy: 

But after a few days i realise bluetooth drainin my battery source soo quick i cant afford and keep it on all the time. 

Soo i started lookin for another solutions. I did try to change my battery, change simcard, i downgrade my software and upgrade it again to newest version. Nothin helps really. I did try to use weird lookin program: BBSAK. Thats what someone said to me to try. I wipe out the device completly soo it shows me Error 507 (no software in). I did install a brand new software from BBerry website. After a phone been restarted i was soo happy i can use my BB again without bluetooth soo i turn it off. It last for about 20 sec and PUF phone gone.

Soo basicly i dont even know where to lookin for any more help coz i did try everythink i can. I believe soo somebody here may know the solution for this. Im really lookin forward for u people.

Thanks a lot if u can.

ps. i hope my english is good enough and u can understand me :smileyhappy:

Dave.

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Bold 9900 bluetooth or battery strange problem?

Hello,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question.

Does your BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone shut off when left out of your pocket or does this onlly occur when in your pocket.

If this only occurs when in your pocket, it is likely that you may be accidentally pressing the end key for a few seconds which will shut the device off.

Let us know if this is the case.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sirtusir
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Bold 9900 bluetooth or battery strange problem?

[ Edited ]

Hi and thanks for replyin.

Oh no its happend every single time, i just need to switch bluetooth off and now after one second phone is off.... soo its really not pocket faults :smileyhappy:

edit: i did try again to back it up to old software and then update it again ehh nothing helps and yesterday i was in some shops who repairin phones and they dont even want to take it coz they say hav no idea whats wrong with it..... that makes me really sad...

edit 2: i even made a quick video whats goin on soo u can see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPaPkIrC328&feature=youtu.be i hope thats gonna help u somehow.

am lookin forward u gonna help me people.

Please use plain text.