Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
john888
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Bold 9900 bundle 2061 problem BMW email display

I have recently updated my Bold 9900 software to bundle 2061. Since the upgrade emails are no longer displayed in my BMW dashboard. I can still make and receive calls, sync contacts and text messages are displayed correctly but not emails.

Can anyone help with this problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonnyg__
My Device: 9900, 9000 (still loving the roller ball) PlayBook 2.1 (now it works!)
My Carrier: UtilityWarehouse

Re: Bold 9900 bundle 2061 problem BMW email display

mine stooped working the other day (62 plate 5) for no reason, i'm going to apply the update to see if that helps - may it won't. If not it's off to BMW to for upgrades, if the does not work it's a down grade.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
john888
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

I found a fix, on the phone open bluetooth connections, open options I found that the option to tranfer emails was not ticked. After this was enabled it has worked perfectly.
Please use plain text.
76JLF
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, was searching the communities and came across this discussion. I am having challenges myself with my new 62 plate F11. I am running my 9900 to the latest level (bundle 2061) and the car is up to the latest level of iDrive and have the same issue with email. I happen to have an enterprise activated account but the Bluetooth configuration recognises the email account (along with SMS which works fine) but the car does not. Also I understand you have to purchase from BlackBerry Apps World a BlueTooth calendar app to allow calendar sharing, it costs $15 but seems to have mixed reviews so wary of that. I've also disabled Encryption and of course the phone's password is entered when connected, but other than it being a nuance of enterprise enabled email that will never work, all other settings on the phone and the car seem like they should not be prohibitive? Any views on other things to check?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonnyg__
My Device: 9900, 9000 (still loving the roller ball) PlayBook 2.1 (now it works!)
My Carrier: UtilityWarehouse

Hi - you need to go to the MAP Options on the bluetooth menu, and enable the email account/s and SMS you want transmitted to the car.  I'm guessing that either the whole menu is new or the new default is just SMS.

You may have to do it if you delete and reload the email accounts too.

I've not tried the calendar but not sure the car would show that??

Regards,

jon

Please use plain text.
76JLF
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi Jon, thanks for the reply. Progress made since yesterday as it happens, but firstly to your points:

- MAP options were set on the phone to include the email account, SMS always worked but email never did

- The calendar definitely does not show if I look at option in iDriveOffice, I have it split screen and it shows an empty calendar. Other blogs I have seen all suggest this mythical piece of s/w is needed on the phone, I can't believe that but then it does not work so it might be true?

Otherwise, it is now working!

So, I found another setting but going deeper into the Office menu options, there was a further tick box that read something like 'show email messages'and one I had definately not encountered before with several hours of messing about, it was quite a verbose one, happy to give precise details but wil need to sit and work through it again.

My conclusion was that the Bluetooth always worked and was setup correctly, the MAP options were always present and the fact I have an Enterprise account does not seem to matter (as long as the password is entered to allow the data transfer to take place). Otherwise this one erroneous setting I found accidently seems to have done the trick.

Interesting !

Cheers

James

Please use plain text.