Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sparsh_s
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Bold 9900 display gone

My Bold 9900 fell in the sink for 2 seconds and now the display has gone. Even the hearing sound is reduced now. Please help. I can't find any service centers in Aarhus, Denmark.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Bold 9900 display gone

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time (perhaps even longer...5 days is not uncommon). Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
sparsh_s

Thanks dude for the reply. I did use it to receive calls and charged it too. :smileysad:

I have now put it in a rice bowl. Hope that it works.

How to find out service centers in Aarhus city of Denmark? I am unable to find it online. :smileysad:
If you could help me with that too.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sorry, I've no idea about any local support. You should contact your mobile service provider and/or original place of purchase...they may know how you can obtain service.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
sparsh_s

The rice trick didn't work :smileysad:

The display hasn't come back but the phone is working. I am able to receive calls and messages.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, unless I'm counting wrongly, that's not even 3 days in the rice...and I did recommend 5. Each time you apply power to your BB without fully completing the process you reduce the chances of success. Water corrosion is challenging...if the corrosion started before you got it dried out, then it cannot be reversed.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates