Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Bold 9900 does NOT keep Text messages / Threads

Hello All,

I purchased 4 BB Bold 9900's in June 2012 for a new small biz venture. None of the phones are retaining text messages and or previous threads past 30 days. i.e. If I scroll to the last text message, it will go back only 30 days....and the end date changes each day, with text messages falling off.

Upon purchase, I made sure to set all to "Keep messages forever".

Does anyone have ANY suggestions? Our previous BB's did not have this issue, and these previous text threads are critical for referencing past text message threads and the data exchanged.

T-mobile Tech Support and RIM did not have an answer

Thanks in advance!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Bold 9900 does NOT keep Text messages / Threads

Hi kcwheeler,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Can you please verify that the Keep Messages option on the four BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphones is still set to Forever and was not changed? Are you using a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server?

After 30 days are the messages no longer showing at all in the SMS inbox or are you seeing an empty message that appears to be a draft SMS message?

Older SMS messages being deleted could also be caused by the Low Memory Manager being activated. This KB article should provide more information. "What is the Low Memory Manager feature on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/HX9rGI

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!