Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Bold 9900

Bold 9900 extremely slow after OS update

Hi guys,

I updated the OS on my Bold 9900 to 7.1 Bundle 1149 (v.7.1.0.342 Platform 5.1.0.276) and it's now extremely slow.  The phone does not react quickly and it takes up to an hour to restart after battery pull.  I don't know what to do, the phone is quite new.  

Help please?

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Bold 9900 extremely slow after OS update

Hi vilmarisNL

Welcome to the Community

Infact OS 7.1 is much better then previous.Have you restored all your third party Application just after Update.Let the new OS run for a few hrs on your device then try restoring your Third party applications ( if installed ).Try one or two battery pull restart and also remove your SIM as well as media card while doing battery pull.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Hi Prince,

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice.

I let the new OS run for half a day, it restored all the apps i had installed and was working fine for about one day, then started getting slower and slower.  Especially the calendar (which i had connected to Google Sync) is a mess.

:Wacko:

Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Check your Options > Device > Application Management > wipe left or right on the screen to CPU USAGE... which application(s) is using the CPU?

I have found a couple of apps like Mr. Number Call Blocker and BeBuzz drained the battery until I either deleted them OR  updated those apps to the latest version. Which apps are hogging your resources?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

How can 7.1 be better? It is slower, it must be using more memory and slowing itself down. I do find it a bit irritating when people just give a blanket response that everything is great because there`s been an update.

To be honest I have had nothing but problems with my 9900, The reception in the UK is rubbish and its switching between 2 and 3g is a nonsense.

Needless to say, when the contract is up I`m off.

Just my thoughts

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Jezsmithers wrote:

I do find it a bit irritating when people just give a blanket response that everything is great because there`s been an update.

Hello Jezsmithers

Update are crucial for any electronic gadgets, It tries to fix any issue that previous versions have.

Are you a MAC user or a Windows , Do you turn off  Automatic Updates on your PC ? 

Jezsmithers wrote:

The reception in the UK is rubbish and its switching between 2 and 3g is a nonsense.

That's your local issue , you should Contact your Carrier or Wireless Service Provider  !

Contributor

Yes I have turned off auto update on my pc. Every time the last update has occurred it has wrecked my e-mail.

Regarding the reception it is also a Blackberry issue. The aerial inside the 9900 is not big enough and does a poor job. This is from the tech support people at Vodafone/BT.

Contributor

Take off the rose tinted spectacles and look at the real world the rest of us consumers with a choice inhabit.
Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Jezsmithers wrote:

Regarding the reception it is also a Blackberry issue. The aerial inside the 9900 is not big enough and does a poor job. This is from the tech support people at Vodafone/BT.

Quite honestly, that's an issue in the UK with your mobile provider. I can't count the number of users I've noticed having this issue on any device, on BT.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

But if you`re a blackberry user/expert, why would you be talking to people about their BT problems in the UK if they have other makes of phone?