Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Bold 9900 freezes when selecting "Power Off/Turn Off"

From time to time when I select Power Off then Turn Off it starts to power off but never completes. The BB freezes and the "Turning Device Off" message just stays on the screen and the only way to fix this is to pull the battery. Any suggestions for a fix for this problem. It seems to happen at least once per week, sometimes for often.

OS is 7.1 bundle 2108, carrier Bell Mobility

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Bold 9900 freezes when selecting "Power Off/Turn Off"

Hi jlelliotton,

To resolve this issue, please try to first back up all your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and then perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further steps, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U
Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: Bold 9900 freezes when selecting "Power Off/Turn Off"

[ Edited ]

I was afraid that was going to be the suggestion. Oh well, I will try that this morning. Big concern for me is the amount of time it takes for BES activation, but I am working at home this morning.

However, the suggestion does NOT work in that I can't reload the device software. I tried the BB Desktop approach, the Web approach and even on my BB and all three just give a dialog box saying there are no updates available. I don't get an option of "View other versions" per KB11320. Is this because I am on a BES server?