Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Bold 9900 from 24th October 2011 - Loose Contact at USB-Port

Hi,

i have a little problem with my Blackberry bold 9900 because everytime i Plug it in to charge it charges for severla seconds to minutes and then suddenly stops because the micro usb port is loose or worn out, now here is my question, does this fall under the guarantee or is this a kind of : such things happen, it is your own fault, thing ? 

Greets 
Rumo12556

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9780

Re: Bold 9900 from 24th October 2011 - Loose Contact at USB-Port

Hi Rumo,

Many reasons may fall under the aspects you mentioned the best reply you would get by the person who can physically monitor your handheld and that can be done at local service center.

But before moving to service center, I would suggest you to try by following steps:

Are you able to charge your device using electric charger?

Check by changing USB port (Try on another USB port available on PC)

Try by changing USB chord

Try to connect with another PC.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Thanks for the fast reply i allways load it with the elec...

Thanks for the fast reply i allways load it with the electric charger, on the computer / mac / laptop (tried 4 different) it always disconnects after some minutes / seconds....but if you move the micro usb cable a bit, it gets contact again, as my question wasn't if it is a loose contact, but if it is covered by the guarante / warrenty ! 

Solutions: 6,095
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Thanks for the fast reply i allways load it with the elec...

The routine warranty for the handhelds is one year from date of purchase.

http://www.blackberry.com/legal/warranty/handheld.shtml

The BlackBerry Handheld, the BlackBerry Cradle, and any other RIM hardware accessories, excluding external batteries and SIM cards, which are provided to YOU concurrently and in conjunction with the BlackBerry Handheld specifically for use with YOUR particular model of BlackBerry Handheld (which together comprise the BlackBerry Hardware), will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period that is the shorter of (i) one (1) year from the date that the new BlackBerry Handheld was first purchased by YOU as an original end-user ("YOU") and (ii) the period ending upon YOUR breach of the BlackBerry End-User/Software License Agreement (the "License Agreement") entered into between YOU and Research In Motion Limited and/OR its affiliated group of companies' ("RIM") in connection with the BlackBerry Solution (the "Warranty Period").

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Thanks for the fast reply i allways load it with the elec...

Hello,

Rumo12556 wrote:

but if it is covered by the guarante / warrenty ! 

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. So, your inquiry path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your warranty service provider -- which will be either your original place of purchase, your mobile service provider, or an authorized service center...it varies by region, but when you purchased your BB, you would have been provided with documentation as to the exact terms and methods of using your warranty. Contractually, that is the only place that can authoritatively answer your question.

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code