Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Lcarm35
My Device: Bold9900

Bold 9900 frozen on load up page

Please help. My bold 9900 switched off itself on Thursday and when I tried to switch it back on again it will only load up 3/4 of the way. It was playing up last week getting really warm when on the charger and freezing during app updates. I am worried that my phone might have gotten wet on thursday night as i was at an outdoor gig and everything on me was soaked with the rain. i am not 100% if it is water damage or software issues. it is currently sitting in a container of rice and has been since thursday although i have taken it out a few times and tried it. The main problem is that I have not saved any of my data so pictures and contacts are inaccessible. Is there any way to access these if the bb will not fully start up? i have not backed up any of my data as I rarely plug the bb into the computer and i am now scared to force more electricity through it f it is water damage. Surely it's a good thing that its starting at all if it is water damaged? Please advise me as to what to do next.
Please use plain text.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Bold 9900 frozen on load up page

Hi Lcarm35,

If your BlackBerry smartphone has gotten wet, you will be able to tell by looking at the battery.  There is a small sticker on the side that will appear red if water damage has occurred.

Considering your BlackBerry smartphone is able to boot up 3/4 of the way, we may be able to launch safe mode and perform a backup to save any important data. To launch safe mode, remove then re-insert the battery, then hold down the back button during the reboot.  If and when, safe mode launches, use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to backup your device.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lcarm35

The battery sticker is still white which is why I was thinking it might not be water damage. Thanks il give that a go tonight.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lcarm35

Tried holding down the back button and it continues to sit frozen 3/4 of the way. Now when I put the battery in the red light goes on and the hourglass comes up before it starts to load up. Im sure I did the process correctly I tried holding down the back button when the red battery was put in straight away and when the bar started to load up.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lcarm35

Anything else I can try? I really want to access the data on the phone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lcarm35

I have tried to connect the phone to the computer but the computer does not recognise the device. I really do not want to lose my data as i have a lot of things on it that i cannot lose.

Please use plain text.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

If you plug your BlackBerry smartphone into your computer, does the BlackBerry Desktop Software detect the device is connected?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.