Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
RCFREEMAN71
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: TMobile
Accepted Solution

Bold 9900 frozen while trying to upgrade

Hello, I tried to upgrade the software on my 9900.  It downloaded well.  Once it started installing it, the 9900 froze at 3% backing up social feeds.  It has been like this for hours.  I have no use of my phone.  Any suggestions as to how to unfreeze it...what would have caused this...how to resolve?  Thank you!

Bob

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Bold 9900 frozen while trying to upgrade

Sometimes just waiting it out will allow the process to finish.  If it's just been too long and you're losing patience you can do the following:

There are to methods of recovery for you to try:

One:

• Open Blackberry Desktop Software & Connect your device with PC using USB cable, without inserting battery.
  • You will get three option Retry, Update Or Cancel, then click on update.
  • Once it is to the stage of the update "initializing handheld", then insert battery.

If this does not work, and you remain stuck on the backing up the Social Feeds database, go to the second method below.

Two:

• Connect to the BlackBerry Desktop Software and allow your handheld to connect. If you are prompted to upgrade, cancel the upgrade for later.
  • IF you cannot connect or your Desktop Software does not recognize your device while in Safe Mode, please follow the directions here to force the detect: Article ID: KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • Go to Device > delete > SELECT DATA > select to delete both the Social Feeds and Smart Card databases, and follow the remaining prompts to complete it.

Now, you can return and click to upgrade the device through the Desktop Manager, or reboot the BlackBerry in normal mode and continue the over the air upgrade.

(These instructions compliments of JSanders of this forum.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RCFREEMAN71
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

Thank you, it worked!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Excellent!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.