Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Homeej1
My Device: Bold 9900

Bold 9900 garbage design

I bought a bold 9900 from an online auction it was working perfect for a few weeks, then it would reboot on its own a few times a day which was no huge deal. Now it just keeps typing nm over and over and the only way I can even use the keyboard for anything is to hold the mute button. I talked to a person that repairs smartphones and he told me this is very common with the bold 9900 and of the ones he's replaced the keyboard and flex cable they always come back after a month with the same problem. Either start making a decent product blackberry or like everyone else I am going to switch to a different phone altogether as this is the third phone within 3 years and they all have glitches that are all hardware related. I would appreciate a response from Blackberry and the possibility of a replacement phone as is should be a recall.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Bold 9900 garbage design

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

So as to properly set your expectation, given that you are asking for an official response from BlackBerry...

This site is a user-to-user community, so no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. This site is not a channel for any formal communications with, escalations to, nor support from BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever. Rather, it is a volunteer-contributed site of users helping each other to the best of their abilities. Such is fully stated within the Ts and Cs that all members agree to, and supported by this banner which is on nearly every page of the site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold 9900 garbage design

[ Edited ]

Nah, it's not common.

Obviously, he's only seeing those which exhibit that behaviour, and those are the ones which have been exposed to moisture and high humidity.  Too many people have the 9900 and don't have that issue, including many I know.

Remember, you bought yours from an authorized third party seller.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code