Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Personal

Bold 9900 locks up when trying to use bluetooth or playing Media. Frustrating!

Just want to know if anyone had the same problema. Just got a 9900. Whenever trying to play any media (video, music) the phone just locks up while playing the media.... and the only way to rescue it back is taking the battery out of the phone.

On the other hand when I try to turn bluetoth on it just does the same, freezes, locks up and have to take battery out to recover it.

I'm an old BB user but starting to think I should realize that I migth want to switch to Apple Iphone. Too many issues with BB recently....

Any clues? Any help? My carrier es Personal (Argentina), the phone is unlocked from ROGERS...., soft version is 7.0 1346. I read the 7.1 also has some issue. However the BB Desktop is not offering me to swith to that one yet.

Thanks for any help!!

Rodrigo

My Carrier: Telus

Re: Bold 9900 locks up when trying to use bluetooth or playing Media. Frustrating!

I have a similar issue.  the first time i had the problem was when i was running on a treadmill listening to music with bluetooth headphones.  a incoming call came in and i pressed the end button to refuse the call.  the phone screen went black and the keypad remained lit.  no buttons were responsive I ended up having to do a battery pull.  it happened again yesterday. this time no incoming call, i just used the pause button on my bluetooth headphones and the phone did the same thing went dark with keypad lit.  battery pulled again and it worked.  I'm using OS 7.1.0.  I was really starting to like this device but seems to be acting buggy since upgrading to OS 7.1.0 not sure if the issue was there with OS 7.0 because I upgraded OS a day after getting the BB.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Personal

Re: Bold 9900 locks up when trying to use bluetooth or playing Media. Frustrating!

Thanks a lot for you help. Since I can not even turn the bluetooth on fo play any media at all I'm proceeding right away to return the phone to the retail store. I do not know if it's a hardware or a software issue, however I think it's not fare that I have to find out by myself whta the issue is. It's a brand new phone!! Thanks again!

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: land surveyor

Each time I want to turn on bluetooth, play media files my blackberry 9900 freezes, I have tried removing the battery its not working. Is it a hardware problem. Please help me. Also my wi-fi can't turn on have tried removing battery it doesn't work.