Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
dturner0816
My Device: Bold 8910

Bold 9900 not allowing Email icon to open after opening text message

Cant open the Email Messages icon to view emails (Enterprise Exchange email account) after responding to either Text Messages or Phone calls.      Recently upgraded to OS 7.1 a week ago.    Only way I can get back to my emails is to power off and remove battery.    This is a customer I support.    I am with the Computer Helpdesk at our company.

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Bold 9900 not allowing Email icon to open after opening text message

Consider deleting all the device data and reconfiguring your BES email through BES admin. Follow the below mentioned steps. Just make sure to back up your device data before attempting of a security wipe

For BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 6.0 to 7.1

1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Security > Security Wipe.
  2. Select the appropriate check boxes to remove data and applications as intended.
  3. Type blackberry, and click Wipe Data.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
dturner0816
My Device: Bold 8910

I agree with that as an option.     I am waiting to see if other ideas present themselves that are less comprehensive and time consuming.   Thank you for your thoughts on this.     I dont have the normal BES admin available and the customer who has their office in my building is 300 miles away.

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Well you can wait as long as you wish to. Do you use outlook we access? Or POP3/IMAP protocol for emails? Even if the user is 500 miles away...BES admin provided password will do the trick.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit