Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

gilesyw
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: British Telecom

Bold 9900 not retaining emails

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have three email addresses set up on my Blackberry; my blackberry email address, a pop3 account and an exchange account. 

With my exchange account, no matter what I do, my emails are only staying on the handset for 5 days (I've got the retain email setting set to 30 days). The other two accounts are fine. Everything seems to be fine with the settings, and if I delete an email from my handset, it deletes on my server, but when the emails simply disappear off the handset, they don't disappear from my server (thank goodness). 

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not using the BES by the way....or perhaps I do? 

Many thanks

PS - I do not have a problem with low memory it seems as I have 3242570 bytes free. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Bold 9900 not retaining emails

You actually do have a problem with low memory. That's only around 3MB of memory and on a clean device it is close to 200MB free. You never want to be below about 30 or you will experience slow downs and when it gets to what you have now you may lose data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
gilesyw

Well I did wonder when I converted bytes in mb. However, the other two email accounts both work fine and retain their emails for the prescribed number of days. 

I'll free some memory up and see if that helps. 

Please use plain text.
gilesyw

Actually, when I look I have 6GB of built-in media storage free. Does this not count or is it to a blackberry what a hard drive is to a computer's RAM amount?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

That is for media storage (pictures, videos, etc). The device doesn't use it to run the OS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.