Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Rare-Lynn
My Device: blackberry Bold 9900

Bold 9900 not saving pictures taken or received

Hi

My 9900 is not saving pictures where I can access them. After I take a picture and check under camera files it says no pictures. When I check files under applications I can see both the device and media card but when I click pictures it won't open either However I am able to find them when I connect to my laptop. Whhat could be the problem?
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Bold 9900 not saving pictures taken or received

Have you tried a battery pull?

My Device: blackberry Bold 9900

Yes I have done that and some other things but I am joust not able to see my photos unless I connect to my laptop.  I cant even view them after I take them, its like they go to a hidden folder.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

When you connect it to the laptop, what folder are the pictures located in?  (what is the full path)

My Device: Bold 9900

I am having the same problem as Rare-Lynn.  I have re-booted the software, taken the battery out; switched it on with out the SD card in.  In fact, short of a factory reset, I have tried everything I know though I appreciate that may not be much.

I thought I had lost all my photos and then when I connected the phone to the the BB desktop sofware, they all appeared including the new ones which I had taken but could not be viewed on the phone.  It is also interesting that when you take a pic, the photo shows up in the bottom left corner but when you touch on it to open it up, there is no function.

Help please!

GTO
New Contributor
GTO

the pictures which I took but now cant view on the phone are stored in C:\users\gilest\pictures\blackberry

GTO
New Contributor
GTO

Another update for anyone.  I have just been to the Vodafone shop to get a new SIM card as my old SIM card was not updating and the guy there formatted the SD card.

I don't know whether it is coincidence but the camera was working as far as I could take photos and it stored them however if I change to store photos on the device, then the old problem is still there.

So not 100% solved yet!

Deeds123
My Device: 9900 Bold

Help please. My 9900 bold also do not want to save photes taken with camera. I do not see them when connected to a pc. No memory card is inserted in the phone?
Visitor
segzie4real
My Device: at&t 9800

If u can't see them on PC then u need application to unzip ur pics. But if u can see them on a PC, follow these simple steps
Step1: after conecting to PC that has active antivirus, open the BB memory

Step2: Open a new folder on ur computer desktop and copy all the contents of ur bb memory into the created folder.

Step3: Format the bb as if u're formatting flash drive
Scan d new folder comtaining your bb's memory content( pics, music, users etc)

Step4: after d format is completed, return d content of d scanned folder to ur BB.
NOTE; d copy and formatting don't affect ur bbm, whatzapp contacts as well as ur conversation.
U may need to backup using bb desktop manager if u have.
CAUSION: infected file is responsible. Always use bb charger or PC with strong up-to-date antivirus when charging battery. GOODLUCK
GTO
New Contributor
GTO

Its been a while since I was on here as I got no response to my problem, however I have now changed phones and when I returned my phone to default settings (after backing it up), it did get rid of the problem.  I have now sold the phone on and have not heard of any prolems from the buyer.