Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
scottsicle
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: Bold 9900 not turning on, flashing red light

I have the flashing-red-light-and-dead-phone issue w/Bold 9900. Bought it from TMOBILE store. Spent over an hour w/TMOBILE tech support - they couldn't fix it b/c it won't connect w/the Blackberry Desktop software, impossible to upload new operating system onto the phone, as TMOBILE instructed me to do.

TMOBILE won't give me a new phone until I've run the gauntlet with RIM customer service, which is supposed to get in touch with me "in a couple days."  I just bought a Blackberry PlayBook, but it's not much good w/o a Blackberry smartphone to interconnect with.

Too bad, b/c I liked Blackberry so much until now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gsm1999
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: att

Good luck... 1,000's of blackberry was sold with defect.. Sold to distributors then sold to vendors then sold to consumers. Apparently, they say its a software issue.. Trust me you will get NO help from RIM Worst customer support ever..

Many around the world are going thru this problem..

No warranty.. No help...

What they at RIM don't understand... They created a bad reputation towards there phones..

Customers are pissed and tired of the BS around the world..

RIM Stocks are dropping...  

Domino effect...

Your lucky if you buy a New Rim phone with no defects..

Good Luck..

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mskyle
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I'd like to add my statistic to the 1000 mentioned above. My Bold crashed after charging all night. I had not made any changes. I spent all day researching and fixing it, reloading operating system, etc. Worked fine by evening. Completely died the next morning. I took it to Verizon and they replaced it, no questions asked...but the salesman advised me to get an iPhone and flashed his to show his commitment. Now I understand why. I have a two year contract so I am stuck with whatever happens next to my new Bold 9930. I am a committed BB user, but since RIM won't comment or fix this issue, my next phone is an iPhone.

crashed twice; being replaced by Verizon warranty; no explanation found
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ed655321
My Carrier: Optus

I read online to download bb desktop manager to a different computer and sync you bb 9900 and update and this works, I was very skeptical but thought I had nothing to lose.  Just finished and seems to have worked, now restoring my backup from my usual computer all seems good

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ed655321
My Carrier: Optus

I have a bold 9900 and got the problem of the phoen not turning on just constantly rebooting, I fixed this but now if I try to turn off the signal to save battery or check in on facebook app or use google maps the phone resets.  Anyone had this issue and how can I fix it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rnasirali
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: relience

[ Edited ]

try this friend this method has solved many software related problem and 100% working download the file and follow the instructions inside (wipe and nuke should be done without battery)

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
nselowe
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi all experiencing the Led blinking but the device not turning on.

You need to buy a new battery, this is caused mainly if you paurchased an new device and start using it same time, you need to charcge the battery for 12-16 hours.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
anchie16
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Qtel

mine is the same problem, just had my bb9900 last May 2012, then yesterday i saw it off. i charged but not charging, i removed the battery and put back, still not turning on. it is so disappointing!!!! then reading all the comments in the net for bb9900 having same problem.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
vpryce
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: 18762781490

can you send me the link to your tread

techlawyer wrote:

I have a 9930 with Verizon and had the same problem in November -- put the phone on charge overnight, woke up to a blinking red light and a bricked phone.  The solution for me was a replacement for the phone.  The current OS update is rumored to address  the problem -- supposedly by preventing it from happening -- but I'm not sure that's true.  However, that is what I was told by Verizon technical support people.  But, even if true, that still leaves the question of how to deal with a phone that's already suffered the problem and bricked as a result.

For those who can't return/replace the phone, I offer one possible solution.  I haven't tried it myself but apparently it has worked for some.  If you go to pages 11-12 of the thread I started about my phone problem -- "Blackberry Bold 9930 Died and Cannot be Restored," you will see a possible solution provided by ahmadkmm.  I offer no guarantees as to whether it will work for you but based on the number of "likes" his posting generated, it appears to have worked for some people.

Good luck to all who have experienced this problem!

Please use plain text.
khayumshaik
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Zain

Re: Bold 9900 not turning on and not not red light detection

blackberry 9900 bold i connected to computer its not installing and the red light is not on....the mobile is in sleep mode give me suggestion to fix this problem

Please use plain text.