Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Gsenkow
My Device: Bold 9900

Bold 9900 "File System out of Resources"

Hello All, Went through the Balckberry "help" on twitter and found them to be less than helpful. Talked to my service provider and they just wanted my money for a new phone. So I hope there is someone with a brain on here who has a fix for my issue.

About a month ago my phone started acting up, its a Bold 9900. I noticed the issue when receving files via email, text and bbm. The file transfer would be canceled due to "No memory left". When it would do this if I tried to take video, pictures, or even voice notes the measage "File system out of resources" would come up.

I went through the menus to the storage part, the memory card has 3.7GBfree or 3.7GB total. The Device has 5.7GB free of the 6.2GBtotal. So I am really lost. There is nothing on this phone. Just a few pictures, facebook, bbm, the basics. 

I found a quick fix by in the storage menu, opening the options and clicking on the "repair". Not too sure what it does, but whenever i have this issue I go there and do this "repair" to both the memory card and the device. It only lasts maybe 2 hours.

I did a full backup, and wipe to factory, issue never went away. Can some please tell me if they have had this and what they did, or if someone knows what might fix it? Kinda starting to get sick of this now, and the idea of going to an iphone doesnt sound all that bad right now...

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Bold 9900 "File System out of Resources"

I found this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/File-System-out-of-Resources-error/m-p/12518...

I'm thinking your SD card is acting up or there is an issue with the onboard memory.  To narrow it down, can you use the device without the SD card for a few days?  I'm not sure how often it happens, but that is a good start to help troubleshoot.

I thought that at one point too, lol So I took the card out. Seemed to be the fix. Phone was fast and back to normal...lasted about 2 hours. Then it did it once. My fix worked for about another hour and a bit before it did it again so I just put the card back in it.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Good troubleshooting. Looks like its the device memory. You may be able to get an exchange since you've ruled out everything else. Has it been over a year since you had that phone?

sadley it started doing this about a week after I had I it for a year.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

The carrier may let you still do an exchange since its so close. (grace period)

I'd call them asap and reference your previous call.  Think about it.. the phone probably was acting up right at the 1 year mark but you hadn't noticed.