Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Nuts32
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Bold 9900 rSAP Problems

Hi,

I am trying to connect my Bold 9900 to my carphone profile via bluetooth, this is not my handsfree profile this works fine, I need the rSAP connection to the car phone profile as this then gives me access to google and enhanced navigation features etc. When I connect the car phone device (Audi MMI) tells me the bluetooth connection is successful, it then moves onto intilising phone, the hanset shows its running in SAP mode which is correct, but then after a minute or so the car phone message says " your mobile handset or sim card may not be functioning" I then remove the sim card and put this in the sim card reader in the dash board and this works fine, no problem, place sim card back in phone no change. I have tried another 9900 handset with different sim and still the same problem. I think it is something to do with the a security setting within BES, possibly??? Any help would be much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GavRoberts
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Bold 9900 rSAP Problems

Hi, having exactly the same problem......help!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nuts32

Hi Gav, Glad to hear its not just me then! My Audi is in the Audi garage at the moment and they are trying some software updates, not sure if that will change anything, I will get it back Tuesday so will let you know if I have any joy.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GavRoberts

Nice one, have just ordered a car today (A6) - with the tech pack - google maps etc...

Have no idea if my phone can work with this, so may have to change the order.  Very frustrating.

Thanks for getting back, let me know mate

Gav

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
olivierdubuisson
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

[ Edited ]

Hi Nuts32,

I do have exactly the same issue and I'm awaiting to see if the version 7.1 of the Blackberry OS might solve the issue.

I used previsouly a Bold 9780 without any problem so I doubt it has to do something with Audi, it is more probably a bug in the blackberry software however I would like to understand if you've been able to solve it.

Of course the Handsfree profile works well with both Bold 9900 and Bold 9780 but the usage of rSAP does not work with the Bold 9900. I've also tried to change all parameters, encryption etc but no luck. Shame on RIM as they cannot create a consistent user experience. It would be good if they could reply officially on this issue via the forum.

Olivier

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nuts32

Hi Olivier, Any idea when 7.1 on O2 will be out? I think you are right and it will be down to RIM. Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
olivierdubuisson

Hi Nuts32, not sure yet when on O2 nor Vodafone... I've just downloaded an official version 7.1.0 rel 1149 for another country only to try if that will solve the issue. I'll let you know in the coming hours if that has worked well...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nuts32

Ok brilliant please do tell!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
GavRoberts

Nice one, I am gaining some hope that a solution may be found....

.....I rang Vodafone they said "I dont think sap is something we support"....blackberry said....."we may be able to help but you need to pay 49.99 dollars for technical support....unless vodafone transfer you through"....rang vodafone....."we dont transfer to blackberry support....." 

:Boat:

The will to live sometimes is very over-rated!  

:smileyhappy:

Gav

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
olivierdubuisson

Both,

Quick update: I'm still to install the 7.1 OS. As I use a Mac with Windows 7 on Parallels I'm facing more issues than expected (freezing on the Update RAM image as per many threads I searched for) so I need a bit more time for a workaround.

Will keep you posted!

Olivier

Please use plain text.