Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile

Bold 9900 randomly deletes message - not a memory problem

I'm having lots of problems with my 9900. It's now almost unusable for making phone calls, but I have a galaxy s3 for that, but up til recently my Blackberry has been my mainstay for messaging. This will need to change.

To start, I'm running 7.1 bundle 2061

Since december, my 9900 has started randomly deleting texts and emails.There doesnt appear to be any pattern to it, things just disappear and not in any sort of "oldest message first" sequence. For example, some emails I received yesterday disappeared. Some, but not all. Typically they were the ones I really needed to be able to refer to last night.

I don't think it's a memory problem for several reasons:

1. The device claims to have plenty of free memory

2. Experience tells me that a blackberry running low on memory becomes extremely slow and unresponsive, this isn't happening. The messages just suddenly vanish

3. I dont receive enough messages for memory to be a problem - or if it is a memory problem, it makes me suspect that the device can't be fit for purpose as a messaging device. I get maybe 15 to 20 emails a day, maybe 10 texts.

I've looked around the forums and have seen numerous problems with the 9900, many of which I also suffer. However, I haven't seen any reference to this. I do know my father with the same phone and software has similar problems.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix?

I'm getting nowhere with my carrier and getting rather frustrated as I seem to have a device that no longer meets either of it's main selling points, phone or messaging. I've used blackberrys for several years, placed much greater demands on them than I do on the 9900 and I've never had any problems. It's only this model this has ever happened to me on.

Any thoughts?

I've also checked that the device is set to keep messages for 90 days so there is no reason for it to bin messages so soon.

I just wish my first post here was a happier tale

Thanks

Kenny