Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
delarosae
My Device: Bold 9900

Bold 9900 reboots at least once a day

Love my new Bold 9900. Not long after bought it, noticed that my device rebbots at least once a day and mainly when unplugging after charging it through the night. Also noticed that the battery does not hold as much as other BBs' that I have had. Any help would be appreciated.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Bold 9900 reboots at least once a day

Hey delarosae,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Do you find the rebooting is happening if you try a different charger or USB cable?  Also is the battery very warm, when you try to use the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
delarosae

Sorry for my delay in replying. The answer is yes to both of your questions. My device also reboots after turning it off during the day (not always) and re-starting it about an hour or two later. I have become more aware since the 21 of January when deleted txt re-appear once device reboots. Thanks for your help.
Contributor
delarosae

As of Feb 4 around 9:00 pm the phone had rebooted at least 5 times during the day. I have noticed that when I use any other BB charger other than the one that came with this device, I do not get rebbots. Why would this happen? I am also getting tired of my battery being drained too quickly. I have the bare minimum on my device. Have the latest software, do weekly b/ups to my desktop and still do not understand why is this phone having the same issues as many other who have posted their concerns on various forums. Thanks for your help
Contributor
delarosae

To all of you our there who have read my postings and have similar issues. Read a lot of people postings on the forums and came out with a solution. Changed battery, plugged the BB 9900 into a wall outlet and not a strip that has many electical things connected to it. Deleted all apps that I was not using and all the wi-fis accumulated from various places. Result: battery holding, have not had a start up and working much better. I hope this is of help to all of you. For the people posting their expert ideas thank you. A little bit of reading and research has taken me a long way. Let us see how this works in the next couple of days. Today is Feb 8 2013
New Contributor
Lifera
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi,

mine did the same thing, but when I upgraded to a newer software it stopped. so you could check for a software upgrade.

Contributor
delarosae

Thanks for the input. My software is up to date and I believe in weekly back up to desktop software.
I gave my point of view based on the hours of research and testing my device so that you all could benefit from my experience. I am a BB user as you are and welcome any feedback. It is the way to learn. Thanks
New Contributor
Lifera

My desktop manager and my phone both indicated that my software was up to date, but it turned out that it wasn't. I had to go online to locate the newer version and download it before my phone stoppen rebooting by itself. Any way, I hope you have resolveed your problem.

Contributor
delarosae

Could you tell me the software version that your BB 9900 has? I would like to compare it to mine as it appears that I have the latest one. I believe that your posting will be of help to others. Thanks for posting your coment
New Contributor
Lifera

it's OS 7.1 version 1909, Applicatin: 7.1.0.658, platform 5.1.0.485