Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

pwa
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Bold 9900 specific dropped network issues (Rogers network)

Hi, I have a week ago purchased a Bold 9900 and had problems with the phone cycling through H+, EDGE and NO connection continuously. I have bought a new SIM card to make sure it is not the card and the issue did not resolve. I have also a Torch 9800 and I have a 3G connection with 4-5 bars continuously and no dropped connections. After discussing the issue with Rogers technical support without resolution, I was sent a new phone.

The new phone has the exact same issue. The connection also does not manage to hold a H+ or 3G nor EDGE connection for long and will cycle through NO connection before reconnecting again. I also noticed that this seems to have an effect on battery life. I have besides the Torch also an old Bold 9000 and it as well has no problem to hold a 3G connection at my location.

I would like to know whether this is a firm ware issue that RIM intends to fix or whether it is a hardware issue. A speedy reply would be appreciated since the phone is otherwise of little use to me

Re: Bold 9900 specific dropped network issues (Rogers network)

Hi Roger, I have same problem, and contacted operator and no ones knows about it. I hope that someone will let us know soon. Let me know if you have an update Thanks
pwa
New Contributor

Hi, it is working a bit better for me now. I have forced my phone to H+ only and set my connection manually to Rogers. The connection is still not nearly as good as on my Torch or old Bold, so I still hope that RIM finds a fix for it. I hope it is not the transmission strength of the radio stack. It would be nice for RIM to respond

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Hello,

I am with Bell, I have my BB since sunday and today I had some problems with the network too.

It was written ''SOS'' and sometimes I had only 1 bar or 2, or none....

My messages took so long to be delivered on BBM... I don't know if the issue comes from the BB or the carrier...

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

I'm also confuse, in the BB web page it states :

• 9900:
  • UMTS: 2100/1900/850/800 MHz or 2100/1700/900 MHz
  • GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900
  • HSDPA: 14.4 Mbps
  • HSUPA

This means that the 9900 (not the 9930) is capable of managing UMTS: 2100/1900/850/800 MHz or 2100/1700/900 MHz bands????

Or that there are 2 diferent 9900, one for UMTS: 2100/1900/850/800 MHz and one for UMTS: 2100/1700/900 MHz?

Could be that ppl getting 3G H+ are using one and ppl getting EDGE ussing the other, assuming there are 2 separete Phones !!!!!!!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I had a 9800 and upgraded to a 9900 and have the EXACT same problem!  I have been talking with Rogers and RIM support for 6 days now with no resolution.  One of the US Rim support guys I did manage to speak with was trying to help me change my network mode to the 3G/2G only mode as he said it was possible and it's what I want so I'm back to the same network my Torch used.  However, I discovered that he was using a T-mobile carrier 9900 on a not yet released 7.0.465 version.

I want this version but no one will update me as to why Rogers doesn't support it.  This will fix my problem.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

If you're convinced that downloading that version will fix your problem, it doesn't matter if Rogers supports it or not, you can still download and install it.  The fact that Rogers doesn't offer it yet just means that they haven't been fully trained in supporting it, therefore they can't offer something they can't yet support.  You can always wait until they do offer it or you can seek out that version elsewhere for download.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I would love to download and upgrade to .465 but it's no where to be found online. 

Visitor
My Device: bold 9900

Hi i´m from Portugal and i have de same network issues with my bb bold 9900 ......

It begins by getting 3G network but then starts jumpimg to edge,gprs and sometimes s.o.s ...

I speak with my mobile operator and don´t know a thing about it ....

So that leaves me to conclude that is phone issue ..... I even had installed the new software lended by Rim but that didn´t solve my network problem .....

If someone knows how to help me i´ll apreciated .....

Thanks

My Device: 9900

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem but I know how to fix it temporarily, trun off your phone take out the battery and restart it and your everything will work, but them it stops working without u knowing, i didnt check my phone for 3 hours and found that it stopped working so i restarted it and found i had 39 messages. Everything on my phone doesnt work; App World, What's App, Text, BBM and calls when it happens.

Please help, I just got my BB 9900 and I really like it but this is giving me a nightmare.