Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
Busisiwe1985
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 1256

Bold 9900 stolen

I just bought a white Bold 9900,and in less than three weeks someone stole it. Is there a way I can block the phone so that it will be useless????
Super Contributor
Esperoni
My Device: Z10, 9900

Re: Bold 9900 stolen

You can call the carrier and report it as stolen. They can prevent the device from being used. You should also fill out a Police report and report it as stolen.
New Contributor
heathrow
My Device: Bold 9780

When you go to police and report the incident the imei number of the device is blacklisted and nobody can use the phone
Super Contributor
habbitzz
My Device: Bold 9900

If you had BlackBerry Protect installed you can log on http://protect.blackberry.com from a computer. Just log on with your BlackBerry ID like on your phone.
If you had it installed, and hopefully also checked the option prevent uninstallation so it is still on the device, you can block the device, do a back up and then wipe, you can write a message on the screen and you can also track the gps(depends on which setting you chose whether you can track it or not).

What the other guys said is also good tips, so do that also!!

Good luck!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

heathrow wrote:
 report the incident the imei number of the device is blacklisted and nobody can use the phone

Not all mobile providers will do this blacklist of stolen devices. Some will, some won't.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
Dohngaby
My Device: 9900, RDY71UW

I lost my BLACKBERRY bold 9900 whiteyesterday in a bus. Is there a way i can trace where it is or block it so it won't be useful to whoever has it now?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Dohngaby wrote:

I lost my BLACKBERRY bold 9900 whiteyesterday in a bus. Is there a way i can trace where it is or block it so it won't be useful to whoever has it now?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this useful thread:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code