Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ateq
My Device: bold 9900 bold 9780

Bold 9900 turned off and wont turn on

Hi

My Bold 9900 turn off and wont turn on anymore. I try all solutions i can find on internet...charging whitout and with baterry many hours a day and more...how to recover nuked BB...but nothing. I went to best services in Serbia and they dont know what is the problem.Dont reacting anyway...whit or whitout baterry!  I cant believe that i have problem that anybody cant solve!? Im BB user for many years and i think it is the best phone! I dont wanna use anything else! Please help me with this if you can. 

Thanks

My regards

Attila

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcahmed
My Device: bold 9900 + curve 9320

Re: Bold 9900 turned off and wont turn on

i have the same problem i repaired it for many time but actually i got the same problem after period of time ...

my mobile accidentally become very slaw by it self and then when i make restart for the mobile it turns off and wont wake up again i payed too much money for it but without benefit ... simply i dont know whats the main problem to fix it and noone knows the problem so please iam waitin for technicans to reply ....

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

For both posters, I cannot quite tell if these exact procedures have been attempted or not...hence...

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

One final note:

mcahmed wrote:iam waitin for technicans to reply ....

Refer:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcahmed

hi mr/mrs :sdgardne

actually there is no LED at all .. the mob seems to be died !
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, if that is the case, then there is no way at an internet-distance to actually diagnose such an issue. Only in-hand review by a qualified technician can tell you if what you suspect is accurate or not. But, the test I gave you did say "no matter what the LED or the display does"...so, even if the LED does not light up, the test remains a valid way for an end user to try and rule in/out certain causes. It's a deductive process...ruling out all other causes by conducting various tests, leaving a most likely cause...but, again, if that most likely cause is hardware, then there is no true diagnosis that can be done at an internet distance, only a conclusion of it being most likely. And that can only come about if you actually perform the tests. No test results means no results at all, and no conclusions whatsoever can be drawn.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcahmed

thanks alot brother but please can u guess which part would the problem came from ?

or in other words ... what is the common part which causes such problem ?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I cannot give you such a guess. Again, hardware issues cannot be diagnosed at an internet distance. The mere fact that the LED does not light up can be caused by many different things, each with relatively equal probability of being causal. In-person diagnosis by a qualified hardware technician is required to truly determine the cause.

But, again, we are shooting totally in the dark here...you refuse to even conduct the simple test I gave you, so we have only your words to guide us. And those words are insufficient to make even the simplest of guesses.

I stand by my recommendation that you seek out a local (to you) shop with a qualified hardware technician and seek in-person diagnosis.

Good luck.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ateq

Im on business trip from monday till friday...i leave my phone at mobile store..300 km from my home..Thats my last chance. If they fail...ill try this with charging. Ill let you know what is happening anyway. Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcahmed

thanks a lot mr.sdgardne

i appreciate ur help and ur time thanks so much and i`ll take it to JUMBO company in al ain - UAE i saw it`s name as experts of repairing on blackberry site ...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ateq

today i picked up my bold and i cant believe nobody can tell me what is the problem with my phone!?!?!? Ill try this with 2 hour+15min+2 hour...i hope it helps...

Please use plain text.