Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

vickezzy
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900( former Bold 9780)
My Carrier: Etisalat Nigeria

Bold 9900: uncaught exception net.rim.device.api.i18n.missingresourceexception

Hi 

I was using a Bold 9780 and when I swapped devices and started using this new Bold 5, I started seeing this error. So I thought . There must be an error that has been transferred so I rest the blackberry by removing the battery but when it comes on , it shows the same error. 

I also noticed my battery drains too fast . So I installed a few applications . I have a 8GB memory card inside . So I don't know if this is also contributory to the issue. I then did a system reset to factory setting . It wiped out all data and as soon as it started up. I got the same error. 

Hence my call for help .

What does this mean and what can I do to stop it ?

Regards, 

Victor Ezenwa. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mr_othman
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bright-star

Re: Bold 9900: uncaught exception net.rim.device.api.i18n.missingresourceexception

If you are having problems like application freezing or uncaught exception, maybe you upgraded the phone software and it didnt finish installing the software on the phone or you've installed an application that is trusted.
Solution : Download the lastest firmwire of your phone (From your carrier) and install it using "Application Loader" on your compter. I hope this helps.  

Please use plain text.