Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10
My Carrier: Fido Canada

Bold 9900 will not stay running without Data connection or either Wifi or BT running???

I had started another thread on this phone but My original diagnosis was wrong. This 9900 will not remain running without either the USB Data connection established, the Wifi or the BT turned on (not even connected, just on).

If any one of the above conditions are not met, the phone will boot up to the home screen for approx. one second then the back-light will shut off and the phone will freeze. The only option to get it to reboot then is to do a battery pull. Any thoughts???

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Bold 9900 will not stay running without Data connection or either Wifi or BT running???

I am facing the same issue. It suddenly started happening with my Bold 9900 last week. It was working flawlessly for last 2 months. I have tried reloading the OS, upgrade/downgrade etc but nothing seems to work. Apart from WiFi and BT, the other thing that keeps the phone ON is the Camera. That's all I have figured out until now. A new battery also doesn't help.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10

Re: Bold 9900 will not stay running without Data connection or either Wifi or BT running???

That is bad for us, but it is good to hear that it is not just a glitch with one phone. Means that the potential for this to happen to other phones is there and probably already has but others have not tried turning on the Wifi or BT to see if their phone will actually run without freezing. Also means that there is the chance that Blackberry is aware of this and may be working on a fix.. We can always hope.

As for the software, I too have done the system wipe and re-installation of the OS to no avail. Still does the same thing. Was going to try a new Battery but see no point in that now since it has been tested already.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Trusted Contributor

Anyone have any possible solution or course of action?