Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: bold 9900

Bold 9900

Hi all

Started having problems with my 9900, when I bring it out of screen saver clock to make a call, text etc it keeps dropping network signal, goes to sos calls only.  it noemally does this then searches for tmobile(my provider) connects then all is well(ish).

It also drops calls after a couple of mins even when I have a good signal.

This is taking the shine of a good looking phone!!!

Cheers

New Contributor
My Device: 9900

Re: Bold 9900

and also problem on The remote backup and restore feature on BBM has not worked for me

Swapped to the 9780 to the 9900 not worked, stuck on "please try again later. You Are currently being register with bbm service. This an automatic process that will complete in few minutes", minutes ? A week maybe ..... LOL

But switch back form 9900 to 97980 is quick fast .

I can NOT re-adding 170 BBM contacts and 10 Group BBM because of this problem.

Interestingly enough it did switch the the Torch without any problems but going back to the Bold is where I'm getting stuck.

Wahyu Andre
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 I Playbook

Re: Bold 9900

I had the same issue.  Then I switched the SIM card.  the SOS went away and the battery life improved dramatically.  i figured the BB was spending energy hunting for signals when in SOS mode.

After about a month of this.....noticed my battery was draining quickly.....and I jsut saw another SOS.  Will see if it happens again.