Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Videotron
Accepted Solution

Bold 9900

Hi,

Need help please, someone give me his old cell phone (Bold 9900), I had a sim card installed and now it's asking me the MEP code.  Where can I find this?

Thanks,

Marie

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The BB remains locked to it's originally-manufactured for carrier, and you are attempting to use it on a different carrier. Before you can do that, you must unlock it from it's original carrier...read here for more information:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks so much for your help, it worked.  I greatly appreciate it.

Marie

Hall of Famer II

You are quite welcome...enjoy!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

:Helpsmilie:  Let me explain;  I still have a problem with my phone;  my provider is Videotron and this phone was originally purchased through Bell.  When I'm in Laval I get the signal and when commuting to Montreal I loose all signals therefore my cell phone no longer is connected.  The representative at Videotron tells me that there is nothing I can do since this phone was purchased through Bell therefore aI Canadian version vs Internation version from my provider.  What can I do to solve this problem??  Is she right when saying so?

I'm very discouraged ... Thanks a lot.

Hall of Famer II

I do not know...but I do know that different carriers use different radio technologies and frequencies on their networks. For any device to work on that network, it must support the specific frequencies and technologies that they use. So if, for instance, Videotron uses GSM 850 and your BB only supports GSM 1900, then indeed your specific BB cannot work on their network no matter what else you do. But, again, I do not know the frequencies or technologies of Videotron nor those of your specific BB...you must investigate that deeper to validate what the agent told you.

There is no single device that functions on all networks in the world...there just are too many of them, and the resulting device would have to be huge in order to house all of the different radios that would be required.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates