Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
owensmomma08
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Bold 9930 Media card picture video storage issues

[ Edited ]

I replied on another thread but thought it would be easier to start a new on it seems to be an issue for a lot of people.

This is regarding MEDIA CARD memory, not internal or application memory.

My Bold 9930 would previously hold upwards of 400 pictures PLUS videos.  Today I have 0 videos and 15 pictures on it and if I attempt to make a picture, I get a message that "There is not enough space available on media card to store more pictures."  Why is this happening?

I went to Media > Memory Use > Media Card Storage > Details and it shows less than 1% usage for ring tones, voice notes, pictures, and documents but shows 99%being used by Other.  What is other?  Where are these files?  How do I delete them?  How did they get on there?

This has been happening a while.  I've noticed the number of pictures I could store on my card slowly decreasing but this is ridiculous.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Bold 9930 Media card picture video storage issues

I would copy off the info on the card that you want to keep and then format the card. Plug the device into your computer and you should be able to browse the card just like you would a thumb drive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.