Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bold 9930 and the Facts and Finds I have Found while trying to unBrick my phone.

Some time back my 9930 started rebooting automatiocally right near the end of the boot process. This happened immediately after an app-worl application install (sorry, I don't recall which app)  Worked with Blackberry support for quite a while, and they were just about to give up and tell me to re-load everything, when I tried a slight twist on what they were having me do, and it worked! At least it got me through the boot, whereupon I deleted that newly-loaded app, and all was fine. Here's the approach (the added part was not giving up after the reported error...)

If need to recover handset that is boot-cycling: under C:smileytongue:rogram files/Common Files/research in motion/apploader run loader.exe with phone connected and re-booting. When boot get to about 1/2 bar or more, loader will start getting info. If phone crashes, loader will display error. Do not do anything! Let phone reboot... When it gets to 1/2 bar approx, loader will resume where it left off! Eventually, loader will let you see installed apps. If problem was with a recently added app, use loader to remove it! Then reboot phone.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10
My Carrier: Fido Canada

Re: Bold 9930 and the Facts and Finds I have Found while trying to unBrick my phone.

Thank you hbelkin for your experience with your malfunctioning 9930. This was not much of an option for me as when I first started to diagnose the problem one of the first things I tried was to wipe the phone and re-install a new copy of the OS in case of a software glitch. But hopefully you may have just solved someone elses bent phone issues..

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10
My Carrier: Fido Canada

Yes, the other reason it was not an option was that the phone either showed nothing on screen between the boot loop or it showed a small non moving hour glass but never made it to actually loading anything before rebooting. These differences happened with the loading of different version OS's.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")