Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
LydiaDC
My Device: Blackberry bold 9930
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

Bold 9930 many problems after update

I just got back from Verizon and they told me I need a new phone, basically my blackberry is a lemon for some reason. It was working fine until when I got the icon for a update and tried to do that. It got stuck for a VERY long time. My icons are all very very tiny and not the same. Text, camera etc are all gone. Basically I can use it only as a phone. Verizon told me on the restart it keeps getting hung up on the bluetooth (which I normally leave off but I can not tell since no icons show). My back up to BB is fine but I can not get the phone to upload. Any help? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LydiaDC

Re: Bold 9930 many problems after update

Fixed! Verizon was wrong. I think it was the factory restart that did it. Glad I had done a BU!  I ma surprised Verizon did not fix this. I had pretty good experiences when I needed help from the previously.

Please use plain text.
ks_kate
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

What was the fix?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LydiaDC

First I back-up on BB. I was amazed how all my info returned correctly.

I believe the factory restart did it. My son in law worked on it after Verizon said get a new phone, he was not sure exactly what worked but he did all he could think of or find. I noticed the factory restart indicated lastly so I think that is it.

I had a similar experience when I got the phone. I believe both happened when I tried to update from my phone instead of from my computer. I won't try that again. Complete factory restart worked then also.

Good luck

Please use plain text.