Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
dtunnecl
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: verison

Bold 9930 software upgrade

I got a message to upgrade the software and did this. I am now at bundle 7.1, 2705(v7.1.0.991) platform 5.1.0.678.Since the software upgrade I can no longer get to any options. The icon is missing as well if I go to options while in email nothing happens when I click on it. I get error 404 when I try to go to help.I loaded BB desktop manager to get this information because I do not have access to it on the BB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Bold 9930 software upgrade

Hello dtunnecl

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you please confirm which Icon and options are missing from your device after this Device OS update , Also have you done an Ondevice Over the Air OS Update on your Bold 9930 .

let us know in detail. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dtunnecl
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: verison

The only icon I can be sure is missing is the options icon. I can not get into options from choosing the options selection from the email menu either and when I select the help icon I get error 404.

I did just do the over the air programming and it only took about 10 seconds before I got the message that it was updated. After I did that I did a hard reboot by taking the battery out. Nothing has changed for the better.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there,

I'm sure something really gone wrong with with you recent Software update , If we perform OTA OS update it will never complete within 10 second . I always prefer Desktop Software for those update process . Now , to resolve your issue I suggest you should Relaod your device OS using Desktop Software which will fix any software glitches .

But first do a backup of your device using Desktop Software then follow this KB to reload your device OS :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

I hope it will resolve your using issues . Please try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.