08-03-2009 05:56 PM - edited 08-03-2009 05:59 PM
I'm new here even I have BlackBerry for almost 2 years (Curve 3000) and I was really happy with it (no issues) then I bought Bold on Saturday and had major draining battery - overheating issues!! I've downloaded new software from T-Mobile Croatia site (the last one they have but that didn't help) after recharging and staying over night it went flat in 6-7 hours so I went today (Monday) and they swapped the device for me, now I'm waiting to see what will happen again. I have 4 questions:
1. Can I download new version of device software from BlackBerry site even I bought it in T-Mobile Croatia and will that have any consequences on device? If yes what will they be?
2. What is causing this battery draining - overheating problems and how can they be stopped?
3. Is Facebook app in conflict with Bold? Yes I do have it on mine.
4. Are any other apps in conflict with it, i.e. Windows Live Messenger because I have that one on it too?
Thanks in Advance!
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-03-2009 06:06 PM
1. No consequences... the latest version of the Bold device OS is located here:
2. Could be a number of issues, several. For one, do you have 3G enabled on your Bold, (Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options ?, and do you have a 3G Network with Tmobile Croatia? I don't know offhand, you could ask that. If your device is constantly searching for a 3G network and not finding it, that will cause great battery drain.
Check your applications running in the background. There are commonly four or five applications that will always be running (Messages, Call Logs/Phone, BlackBerry Messenger, Homescreen, and the Browser; there are others such as BeamBerry and Alarms which will also run). Make certain that the browser is NOT on an active webpage (should return the bookmarks page only). Close any other applications that do not need to be running (the camera or a game you were playing or Google Maps).
3. No.The FB app is developed by RIM.
4. What do you mean "in conflict"?
Read this about your battery and charging:
08-03-2009 06:23 PM
Thanks for your answer at 1. and 3. question
2. we do have 3G network here but signal is not strong all the time so that might be the part of the problem. Only one app besides 5 standard is runing and that's Windows live messenger.
4. by conflict I thought it might not be the compatibile with the software or causing problems because I've seen on several places that Facebook can cause some isusses on Bold but that's not true so YAY
Thanks for the tips for battery and charging also
What about overheating? It was hot never happened on curve and I used it a lot.
08-03-2009 07:03 PM
I wouldn't worry about the warmth. The battery on the bold is much more powerful than the curve.
I am currently using a Storm, and it does get very warm, often over 100 deg. F, to charge.
08-03-2009 07:12 PM
Thanks again, I'll see what will happen tomorrow. Fingers crossed Btw my network mode is set at 3G&2G not only at 3G.
I'm hoping it will work fine, I really like it if T-Mobile had Storm I would bought that one. Is it hard to get used at Touch screen after Querty keyboard?
08-03-2009 10:41 PM
08-30-2009 05:25 PM
03-08-2011 02:14 PM
I purchased a Bold in December and was getting 4 days between battery charges even when I had several applications and used them often. Several weeks ago a new OS took over, downloaded then reset. Now the battery drains in 4 hours even with all apps removed- A small curser-like clock pops up often and seems to run an inordinately long time while emails post or I change applicaitons. Last week I tried a new battery and have the same problem. If I want to use the phone for calls and email it has to be charging. HELP!