Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold Issues (Data Lock Ups)

[ Edited ]

I wonder if anyone or support could help me.

I purchased my Bold in the UK at the start of October Sim-Free/Unlocked.

I use my T-Mobile SIM in the phone, except I keep getting data lock up issues (since Ive first bought it). Ive been told in the past this has to do with 2G/3G issues, however Ive tried numerous OS upgrade (im now on .190), and nothing has really fixed this issue. I read on other forums that some people do not have these issues.

When i say Data Lockup, i mean i wont be able to receive/send email and my browser just keeps display 'requesting'.

My question is has this problem been fixed via a hardware upgrade since I bought my phone. Is there a newer (modified) Bold on the market ?? I just dont understand why i still occasionally have these lockups which can only be sorted with either a battery pull or turning the 2G/3G off and on again.

Message Edited by Gooner02 on 12-02-2008 09:33 AM
Solutions: 6,064
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold Issues (Data Lock Ups)

1. Tmobile in the US does not have the 3G network to support the 3G signal needed by the Bold you purchased. You will only be able to get the EDGE signal from TMo here.

You can try to change the setting at Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Network Mode = 2G only. That could clear some of your data issues to keey to the handhand from continuing to try to grab a non-existent 3G Network.

2. No upgrades will fix that.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, i probably didnt make myself clear, but i live in the UK (unlocked BOLD, and Tmobile UK contract), so i receive a really good 3G signal. Its just these annoying data lockups....

Message Edited by Gooner02 on 12-02-2008 10:28 AM

Oh, thanks for clarifying.

I really don't know then... let's see what another might have to say about this.

My first questions would be have you done a SIM swap, sometimes older SIMs just are not as compatible as they should be when you are getting continuous errors like this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Must admit I havent done a simswap. I wouldnt say my sim was old (August 2007), but could be one possible solution.

I would definately try that. They should swap it for free... tell them a CSR for your carrier on the phone suggested it.

Knowledge Base Updates