Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
Petekick
My Device: Not Specified

Bold Issues - Faulty Handset or Design Flaws???

Please see list below of issues I have with the Blackberry Bold. Some of these issues may be due to flaws in the design with the device. I would like clarity to these problems in order for me to make a decision to keep the phone or return it under my 14-day return policy. I have had the phone for 2-days and on a contract with Vodafone UK ·        

1. A number of emails forwarded to my device have missing or no text to the body. There is blue text in the body saying "more Kb" prompting me to download what I believe would be the text in the email. When choosing the “more” or “more all” option the device appears to connect advising “receiving more” but does not download anything and the body remains blank.The majority of emails are forwarded to the device as normal with pictures embedded or with attachments. The emails that I refer to are simple 1 or 2 line text emails as I have confirmed this when reading them on my office PC which has no problem downloading these emails. When forwarding these emails the recipient sees the missing text. So it obviously has been downloaded on to the device but not able to be seen. ·        

2. When on speaker phone the caller experiences problems with hearing my conversation. My conversation is clipped as the system of microphone/speakerphone switching is activated upon level to the microphone. If I pause for a split second the next word is clipped and not heard by the caller. Several callers have complained they can’t hear me properly and I my voice keeps going in and out. ·        

3. I have looked though settings in the synchronise menu on the PC program supplied with the phone. Can you advise if it is possible to synchronise and update the device automatically whilst connected and in real time. - When in the office and working on the PC with my previous windows based mobile phone connected, the program Active Sync updated when it sensed there had been a change. At the moment the Blackberry syncs fine upon first connection but after many changes on the PC during the day with the Blackberry still connected it requires a manual sync prior to disconnection in order for it to be up to date. ·        

4. Lastly I have an issue that I have logged with Vodafone customer services. Again I am unsure if this potential problem is a design flaw. This issue relates to the keys on the keyboard and notably the bottom row corner keys. When using the supplied designed pouch theses particular keys catch on the pouch and lift to near snapping point when storing the phone. As I have noticed this I am careful whilst using the pouch but I have concerns that these keys at some stage within my 18-month contract will disappear. Can you check on another Bold device if the keys can be lifted in this manner. These keys can be lifted on my device quite easily with a finger nail when brushing up the key from underneath to simulate the effect the pouch has.  

Regards

Peter