Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

Bold Not So "Bold"

[ Edited ]

I just replaced my 8320 Curve with a brand-spankin' new At&T Bold with a 16Gb SanDisk media card.  First, the phone's media card would not be recognized as a mass storage device by any of our PCs. So, I had to do several hours of online research, and download/run an obcure developer application, which fixed that problem.  Not so happy to have to do that kind of troubleshooting with a new $300+ phone right out of the box.

Then, although all of my 2,000 or so MP3 music files were clearly present on the card, they would not show up in the Media Player application.  A bunch more research, flailing around, repeated reloads and reboots, and finally got it to work. Now, not happy at all.  Once I got the MP3s to index, then my videos were suddenly inaccessible. Nice.  Several more cycles, and everything seemed to be copacetic.  Of course, it takes hours to fully scan the media card, during which time the entire device is agonizingly slow.  Hey, isn't it, like...almost 2010, for Pete's sake?  Oh, and no Flash support...WTF?

Then, I'm at the gym the other night, starting my workout, and..."No songs" shown in Media Player once-a-friggin'-gain! So, I jump through all the hoops for like the 4th time, but this seemingly random BS just keeps happening. Today, it suddenly says the card has errors, even though it checks out fine on PC and in several other MicroSD compatible devices.

I paid over $300 for this crap-fest?  The 9000 is basically a slightly faster Curve with a little better screen, and a hell of a lot less reliability (in my experience).  This thing is quite frankly a total POS, and whether it's a hardware and/or software issues, I am bitterly dissapointed and will probably never buy another RIM product again.

Message Edited by motemarketing on 03-29-2009 02:57 PM