If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
phybersplice
My Device: Bold 9000
OS 4.6.0.168
Accepted Solution

Bold Sync Calendar Issue With PocketMac and Desktop Manager 4.6

[ Edited ]

RIM Case #:  5499753

I have 4 email addresses attached to my BB Bold.
When I go into the Options / Advanced / Default Services / Calendar, I have 4 entries (All email addresses).

If I go into Calendar, Options, there's all 4 email addresses, plus an additional entry of "Device Default".

In terms of calendar entries per address it's divided like this:

Email 1) 1
Email 2) 0
Email 3) 50
Device Default) 38
Email 5) 0

When I attempt to sync, the desktop software only sees the Email #3 which is my rogers.blackberry.net with 50 entries, and sync's into Outlook resulting in loss of events in my Outlook on my desktop. All events still remain in the Bold.

I also cannot move any items from Device Default and assign it to the Email #3 category, thus reducing from 38 to 37, and increasing from 50 to 51.
Once you've received an entry onto the device, you cannot change the email addresses associated to the event.

When deleting servicebooks (all CICAL) the Default Device entry has the combined entries.

Once the service books are sent to the device, it then splits them up again.

This seems to be a problem with the Blackberry OS on the Bold, or a service book issue (since when the CICAL service books are deleted, the calendar entries all combine to Device Default listing.

This also happens on WinXP with DM 4.6, so it's not platform specific.

OS: 4.6.0.125 & 4.6.0.134 attempted.  Both have the same result.

Message Edited by phybersplice on 09-02-2008 10:25 PM
Message Edited by phybersplice on 09-03-2008 02:13 AM
If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gsoltys
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bold Sync Calendar Issue With PocketMac and Desktop Manager 4.6

I have this exact problem.  Will follow this thread to see if you have any luck!  

Cheers,

Greg 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gsoltys

Sorry, forgot to mention, I am using Missing Sync for Blackberry with my MacBook.  Same problem, so as you mention, believe it is in the OS and not the synch tool.....
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Archmeister

need help.   

I've just switched to a new bold, and can't get the the mac to sync at  all.  It  just seems to hang on the "Blackberry -- synchronizing data" part of the process....

What have I done wrong?

1) synced old berry  with mac

2) downloaded new pocket mac software  4.1

3) restarted computer

4) changed setting to have mac  override handheld

5) press sync button

Please use plain text.
Contributor
phybersplice
OS 4.6.0.168

This is a thread hijack.

You might want to create your own thread about your issue.

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
phybersplice
OS 4.6.0.168

Just got off the phone with RIM Support.

Here's the procedure:

Backup All Data

Do a complete Wipe (Options, Security Options, General Settings)

Set Content Compression to Disabled

Save The Settings

Go back to General Settings, Press Blackberry button, and Wipe Handheld.

Load DM and go to Backup/Restore, Advanced.

Load your backup file.

Restore Only the Calendar to Device (drag the calendar to the right side)

You should be able to see in the calendar options, Device Default calendar with all the entries.

Sync back to Outlook.

At this point, you should have all your entries in Outlook.

Hard Reset (press Left ALT + Right Shift + DEL and hold down until it reboots the device)

Go to your Provider's BIS Website and delete any entries that you DO NOT want as the calendar default.

Set the date and time on the device.

Turn on the Wireless Radio

Resend Service Books from the BIS site.

Go to Options, Advanced, Default Services.

Set the CICAL default (this should be the one you actually want as the default calendar, and the only one on the device).

Set the CMIME default if needed.

Re-Add the email addresses that you deleted to the BIS website.

Resend service books.

You should have in your calendar, all your email addresses, and NO Device Default.

All calendar entries should be associated to the email address you chose as default.

Resync using DM.

Note - PocketMac 4.1.25 is UNSUPPORTED with the Bold.

This is causing major sync issues and lockups.

I ran this procedure from a WindowsXP computer using Office 2003.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Archmeister

Sorry about that didn't realize....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Snapper

Christ, in other words wipe everything and rebuild the whole unit. Heck I spent the best part of a weekend getting everything working prior to syncing the BB.

That can't be right. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbrydges

I have been searching diverse Berry Forums on this issue and nobody has a good solution. The one in this thread might work, but - hell - wipe everything and re-install, re-enter registration codes for all 3rd party apps, themes etc????

This is very poor excecution on RIM's part, if you ask me.

As far as I have figured it out so far:

Whenever you have to delete your email account on the Berry for whatever reasons, as I had to do recently, all your entries in your personal calendar are shifted into the 'default' calendar on the device. My personal calendar now shows only new entries and those are the only ones showing up in GoogleSync.

The default calendar does not synch with anything!! Not with Outlook, not with Google Sync. Data entered in it are only on the device. Read this thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=22658

I had the idea of setting first my personal and then the 'default' as the default calendar in Options>Advanced options>Default services, synching each with Google or Outlook, so that I have everything in one place at least on the PC, and then synching that data back to the personal calendar on the device, but that does not work! You cannot set the 'default' as the default for the purpose of synching!! Does that make sense to anybody???

Ok, a solution I am going to try and report about here later is this:  http://www.processtext.com/abcipdmg.html#order

This is a program that enables you to merge BlackBerry's .ipd files. I don't like to have to fork over $20 for what is a basically a patch for the Berry OS, but it beats wiping the Berry, which I would hate to do!

You can download a trial version of the software, but it will only allow you to merge 30 entries from each file.....

The same outfit also makes software that allows you to convert IPD files into PDF, Word, Excel and many more, but that's a steep $60!!! I am considering it anyway because that would be a great way to have a readable, accessible backup of all your Berry data on the PC.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bbrydges

Ok, I found MY solution which is not really a solution for this problem, but maybe it makes it easier to find yours..

I made a little mistake, ordered the ABC Amber Converter instead of the ABC Amber Merger (the converter is only $20 for a single license btw)...Had both pages open in the browser and they look so **bleep** similar - just ordered the "wrong" software.

Since I did not want to shell out another $20 for the Merger, I tried to find a way to use the converter to my advantage.

It really works like a charm, exports anything (en gros or selectivley) in the BlackBerry backup file into multiple formats, among them pdf, doc, xls, cvs and also into the Outlook format.

If I were using Outlook I probably could have exported the calendar entries that were missing from my peronal calendar on the Berry into the Outlook format, import it into Outlook on the PC and sync it back to the Berry. But I am not using Outlook. Instead I tried the same procedure for my Google calendar. Exported the entries I wanted to see in my personal calendar as a CSV file and then tried to import that file into Google calendar. That is supposed to be possible but did not work at all - and believe me: I tried.

So I abandoned the whole idea and did everything by hand. And here the Amber Converter came in really handy. I exported all entries of the last couple months as an Excel file and just printed it out. Comparing the entries with my calendar on the Berry I was finally able to easily see, which entries were in the Personal and which in the "Default" calendar. I added the ones missing to my Personal and deleted those from the Default.

Sure, if you select: View all calendars, you see all entries anyway, but only the ones from the Personal will synch. Since google synch handles only newly added appointments anyway, I can live with this solution.

Especially since I now have a way to archive and secure older calendar entries, which I may need if I ever get audited - God forbid :smileyhappy:

Hey! Weren't these gagdets supposed to SAVE us time??

Please use plain text.