Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

GWBLT
My Device: Bold Touch 9930

Bold Touch 9930... Bluetooth connection issues???

[ Edited ]

I have noticed since getting my new BB 9930 Bold Touch that it will randomly decide to have a conflict with my Bluetooth headset. 

When this occurs I will attempt to switch the call over to the hand set speaker but the device will not work this way either!  Occaisionally I have had success using the speaker phone as a back-up to complete the call, though not always!

I generally find that when this occurs it becomes necessary to reboot the device by removing and replacing the battery.  Once the BB reboots it automatically reconnects to the bluetooth device and everything works perfectly for a while!

This has occurred with different headsets.  Even when I turn off the headset completely, the phone's ear piece will not work until I cycle the battery.  I have even attempted to connect a different Bluetooth headset while the issue is active and this has no effect until I remove and replace the battery!

The result is that I often have calls where I cannot hear or be heard!  Also there are times where I can hear the other party but cannot be heard by them! 

Anybody know of a fix?  "Can you Hear me NOW?"