Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
ncg61
My Device: Not Specified

Bold and Word documents:

First point is that a footnote on the BB homepage for the Bold references that the Bold will not support Word 2007.  I do not know if this is temporary or not, though I hope that over time it will be supported.

Second point is in regards to an earlier post I read in which it was asked whether the Bold will allow formatting of a new Word document.  From all that I can read, it appears the answer is no.  All the website says is that the Bold can copy and paste and edit Word documents.  This seems to imply that you cannot create a new Word document while on the road with your Bold.  If true, this is unfortunate, but I suspect that with a little planning this can be dealt with easy enough.  Just format a couple of blank word documents and sync those to be stored on your Bold.  Then while on the road if you need to make a new word document you can then just edit one of the stored ones as needed.  Just a thought but it makes sense to me (understanding that I've never used a smart phone before, so maybe I'm overly optimistic).

We recently read that the Bold would be available here in the U.S. on October 27th.  Today, however, I read a news release that specifically says it will be available in U.S. stores on November 4th, one week later.  I hope this isn't a sign that we can expect further delays to continue as has been the case for many months now.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ncg61
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bold and Word documents:

I would add, however, that I've been monitoring the BB Bold website, and today, for the first time, the United States has been added to the list of available countries for the Bold, so maybe the release is imminent afterall.
Please use plain text.