Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Developer
akirekadu

Bold crashed while I was on a call

I was on the phone (Bold on AT&T) via BlueTooth and the device beeped twice and then re-booted (took approx 5 min for the re-boot). 

(a) Is there a way to figure out why the device did this? 

(b) How do I make sure the device doesn't restart  itself whilst I am on an important call the next time? 

It is quite awkward when this happens because folks on the other end will have to sit and wait for 5 long minutes wondering what happened to me.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton

Re: Bold crashed while I was on a call

Nobody have control on this situation, when the device restart, you can't do nothing.

If your device is restarting itself too many times, the software upgrade can fix the problem.

Which software have you installed in the device?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Developer
akirekadu

Re: Bold crashed while I was on a call

Update: The Bold has been rebooting once or twice everyday, even when the device is idle.

Again, is there way to figure out why this is happening? I understand that there may not be an easy setting that I can tweak and fix this problem.  Still I would like to know why one fine day the device started misbehaving.  It could be a new application that I installed or something.  I need a way to figure this out, so I can get rid of the culprit app,

My previous BlackBerry  (Curve) was  extremely reliable.  I pretty much had the same set of applications running on it.

It is unsettling to have upgraded and get a less reliable device. 

Please use plain text.