Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
PacFu
My Device: AT&T Bold 9000
Accepted Solution

Bold error at boot...

"uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException"

This error seems to be all over these boards across all platforms, but mine doesnt seem specific to any 1 thing, I specifically only get the error at boot.  Never again.  When I boot the phone, this is the first thing I see when the OS gets to my home screen, then it never shows again until I boot again.  It didnt always do this, but I cant trace what I did out of the ordinay to trigger it.  Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Bold error at boot...

Sounds like reloading the OS may fix the java error. Have you tried that or performing a hard reset already?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PacFu

yes, and I did a normal reload having it back up my settings
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

If you have a backup of your data already try to reload the OS, but this time choose the option to no backup and restore your data. After the operation finishes see if you're able to boot without that error.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PacFu

I'm going to load 4.6.0.438...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PacFu

well, it didnt update, but wanted to remove 3 of the language packs...sweedish, norweigan, and one other....so thats was all the update did, and the error is gone.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
impyz
My Device: Backberry Bold

I am on my second blackberry Bold,..... not only for this error same Java.lang error, but it also goes to a spinning clock on the center of my screen, sometimes shifting to organizing call logs (forever) and eventually looks like it has fully loaded and is ready to go (as if I can switch from app to app) but the clock remains.   This BB never comes out of htis mode once it starts, and it drains the battery very quickly....and eventually goes to a white screen with an error code in the center that I can not read with "Reset" under it.  On Friday of last week, the ATT store (after much griping) replaced it....and this one is doing it as well plus some!  The Store manager actually joked, "ok, I am going to replace it, but don't load anything to it (i.e. meaning any OS updates recommended by BB Desktop Mgr) and you should be fine" .  I thought maybe the old one left some footprint of data on my sim card (?) that would cause these errors to occur on yet a brand new replacement BB....then I started reading some of these blogs and see it could very well be a batch of BB Bolds frm the same store, manufactured in the same lot?  BTW, I can sometimes get off a call or two when it finally reboots and IF it comes off the clock....maybe a text, but then it locks back up in one of the aforementioned manners.  The guy at the ATT store said "not to upgrade the OS" if it happens again?  I am really at a loss, and oh by the way, my sim card works fine (minus any data services obvisouly) in an old bb curve (albiet that curve had error issues of dropping calls and still does, then reboots).  HELP!

Please use plain text.