Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
ukrj
My Device: Not Specified

Bold hangs, Network dropping and why I chose Blackberry over iPhone...

I've had my phone 3 days and I'm already frustrated by it.

Firstly, my Bold wants to be on O2 UK rather then Orange UK (the latter being my service provider).

Anyway, I'm in a restaurant this evening and I'm expecting a call....

I look at my phone - I have full signal, but no network name! So I check the network options (within setup) - Network: *None* - but it's still showing full signal!

So I opted for the now habitual response of switching the device off  and on again to get signal, and the whole thing just hangs with the Orange logo showing when I power off. I wait a minute or so (normally this it's very quick to switch off) and in the end I had to remove the battery before I could power it up again.

I moved from Windows Mobile to the Blackberry for its reputation of being reliable and stable, with recommendations from friends and especially having other friends who have had multiple iPhone replacements.

So far the reasons I chose Blackberry (vs iPhone) and what I think so far:

Reliability and stability - Failed (network keeps dropping and it froze)

Keyboard vs. touch screen - Passed (The keyboard is great, although the alt and shift key are the wrong way around)

Battery Life - Not convinced, probably a fail - but I've only been based in low signal areas recently

Email delivered in real time - In theory passed when not experiencing the above network issues.

Calendar Sync to Google Calendar - Pass

iTunes support - Failed (Pocket Mac software doesn't seem to work)

Blackberry Maps - Failed

In principle I think the phone is great, I love it when it works. If RIM can address these issues, then I'll be a very happy customer. In the meantime I'm not.

Can RIM turn around my disappointment?

Time to call Orange to express my concerns......