Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
vaxback
My Device: 9000 - Rogers - v4.6.0.162
Accepted Solution

Bold only partially synched email history after remote wipe

I have a Bold operating on BES and although I've had it since Christmas and it has worked flawlessly, I recently experienced intermittent synching problems that required my work IT Department to do the following:

"1st I'll do a remote wipe which will also disconnect your BB from the BES. Then I'll delete your BES account and when prompted to optionally delete BES info from exchange, I'll select yes. This will make all pristine."

All went well with the exception that only about 10 days of my email history was synched to my handheld.  IT says nothing they can do but if the emails are still on my work Outlook account there must be a way to update my handheld.

Suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold only partially synched email history after remote wipe

HI there!

Well, in a way, they are correct. BES is not designed to fully sync a mailbox. Rather, it is designed to handle new email since the moment of activation -- which, in your case, is the recent re-activation. There are some tricks that they can do on BES to push some historical email, but it simply is not designed to make your HH mailbox replicate your server mailbox.

Here is a KB that discusses the tricks they can do on BES...though, since you received 10 days back, it sounds as if they've already done this:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11632

And here's a way you can, on your BB, search your email history  off of the server:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB15161&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forwa...

And here's a thread from the BES forum that discusses the issue:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryEnterpriseSolution&message....

I've never yet found a way to move older items from my desktop Outlook client out to my BB...and, frankly, once I got used to how it works, I decided that I didn't need that history on my BB anyway.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vaxback
My Device: 9000 - Rogers - v4.6.0.162

Re: Bold only partially synched email history after remote wipe

Thanks for the quick reply.  I tested the remote search function and it works fine, so I can live with that and I'll let our I.T. department know for future scenarios.  Great support - thanks again!
Please use plain text.