Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

dnoonan
My Device: Not Specified

Bold phone alert option

In my previous BlackBerry 8700c I had the option to allow for 1-3 vibrations before a ring tone for an incoming phone call.  I cannot seem to find that option on my new 9000. If available can someone guide me please. Thank you for the courtesy of your response. djn
Regular Contributor
xaroc

Re: Bold phone alert option

Go under your Sound profiles > Advanced > BB butten, Edit which ever profile your currently using, and find "Phone" in the list, then change Tone or Viabrate to  Tone + Viabrate ,  They dont go at the same time, Viabrates first then the Tone plays
dnoonan

Thank you xaroc for taking the time to respond.  In the 9000 ther Sound profile don't have an "advanced" option so i'm stymied here.  Sorry If I'm dense as well as frustrated please excuse this response. D
Regular Contributor
xaroc

no Advanced???  i too have a BB bold with Rogers, and the Advanced should be at the botten of the Sound profile list ( loud, normal, Quite ect. )  If its not at the bottem, then i would re-load your OS, Because it SHOULD be there.

I hope you get it working man,

P.S: i know how frusteration it is to have one of your peices of equipment not work right, i been building computer for YEARS lol, Good luck *cheers*

dnoonan

Thank you xaroc for your suggestion. IT WORKED. I can't figure our why it didn't the first time but rebooting the OS did the trick.

Thank you for restoring my faith in the technology/humanoid interface or at least what little I have. David