Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
stratiegery01
My Device: Not Specified

Bold restarts itself and cant turn off!

I just boaught a brand new Bold 9000 yesterday and have had nothing but problems with the WiFi. When trying to set up a WiFi network connection for the first time, I turn on the WiFi option but before I can select the "setup network" the Bold shuts down with no warning. When It turns itself off, a solid red LED light appears in the indicator for 1 second. Upon restarting, the software instanlty "verifies security software" and passes the test. Timing only 2 seconds later, the Bold shuts down and the cycle starts again and again. I cant shut it off!

Should I try and restore factory settings?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Bold restarts itself and cant turn off!

With the phone turn on, take out the battery for 30 seconds and reinstall it again, if the device can't turn on, is time to replace the device
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stratiegery01
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you for your advice. Does this happen often with Bold phones?

I was able to turn off the WiFi and the problem went away, but the moment I turn it back on (and I am in a WiFi hotspot), the same problem repeats itself. 

So you think this is a warranty issue, particularly being only 1 day old?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Yes of course, maybe the problem can be fixed with a simply software upgrade, but with only one day in your pocket, go to change the device, and check in the store if the problem persist in the new one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.