Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

rsw
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bold sync with Yahoo

I have just switched from an 8310 to a Bold 9000.  The version of the desktop software that came with the 8310 wouldn't talk to the Bold, so I downloaded the latest from RIM (v4.6.0.12).  This talks to the Bold fine, however, I am no longer able to sync with Yahoo address book, notepad, and task list (for Calendar I use Google Sync).  The only option offered for import is ASCII.  Of course, you can generate a CSV file out of Yahoo, but the field names are all different and in a different order to those used by the Bold.  The resulting import is a mess.  I have tried using other export options with no success.

Does anyone know:
*  If an earlier version of the desktop software works with both Yahoo and the Bold?

*  Is there a tool around that transforms Yahoo exported data into a form digestible by Desktop 4.6.0.12, such as thrid party software? 

At the moment, I'm seeing the Bold as one giant leap backward for mankind.   Any advice appreciated.

rsw
New Contributor

Re: Bold sync with Yahoo

Answering my own question:  you go back to v4.3, which supports Yahoo, after carefully deleting the newer version using the procedure given in the knowledge base.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Just FYI,

Desktop manager 4.6 does sync with Yahoo.

Here is the correct setup procedure:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15091&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

rsw
New Contributor

Aha.  I was taking the lazy way out.  Many thanks, Bifocals.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Your welcome!

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter