Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
stickybloke
My Device: Bold 9900

Bold touchscreen

I bought my wife a Bold 9900 to replace her old BlackBerry. She's a BB fan but has now reverted to her old BB due to problems with her new phone. Basically, during calls she's finding that the touchscreen is continually being activated, putting calls on hold, adding new participants etc etc. She has no interest in IT etc and just wants a phone that she can make calls on without the call being screwed up. Being an iPhone man myself I know nothing about BBs - is there a setting she can adjust to stop the touchscreen interfering with calls? It all seems a bit fundamental so I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way limiting interference from the touchscreen but can someone point me in the right direction please? Thanks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
DaedalusWren
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900

Re: Bold touch screen

There is a proximity sensor in the front of the phone to shut off the touch screen and avoid accidental hang ups or other incidents when your face is next to the screen. So, if your Wife's touch screen is still remaining active during a call it is probably a problem with the proximity sensor and should be replaced by the service provider.

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
avanveld
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Re: Bold touch screen

I have a BB Bold 9930 running 7.1 Bundle 1737 on Sprint and have had terrible problems w/ the Proximity sensor. Sprint has replaced the unit twice and finally says it's a BB/Software issue.

My problem is that the phone will Flashhook while up to my ear. Worked fine for a year until this started, now it won't stop regardless of the 2 replacement phones. It's not user error...happens routinely unless i Lock the phone right after placing/answering a call - but even then occasionally it will flashhook or switch to speaker phone.

suggestions?

Please use plain text.