Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
X_Marks_The_Spot
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Re: Bold will not charge / turn on, battery already replaced

"A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again." --- That is the message I get whenever I try to update it. Can someone help?
pfritze
My Device: Curve

This worked for me.  I also used the reboot key sequence to get the reboot to work.

http://www.rimarkable.com/quick-tip-how-to-reboot-a-blackberry-without-removing-the-battery

pfritze
My Device: Curve

Options
02-13-2011 07:01 AM

Had the same problem (cannot turn on and charge with red light ON for a while -10-15second) but just gave a try the followings:

1, Plug the (wall) power cable to the handset with no battery (light status: Fixed Red ON)

2. Press and holding the power (red) button (light status: Fixed Red ON)

3. Still pressing the power button after 3 - 5 seconds, put the battery in (light status: Fixed Red ON)

4. After the battery in, keep pressing the power button until red light of (light status: Fixed Red)

5. This is the key.... wait until the handset reboot. Otherwise, restart step no 1

6. After the OS reboot/restart, turn off the handset by pressing the power button (light status: Blinking Amber & Green ON/OFF)

7. Wait for few hours with the handset is power off, until the battery is fully charged (light status: Blinking Amber & Green ON/OFF)

When I tried, the charging took longer, however you can check the charging progress by turn the handet ON (in menu Option-Status), but dont forget to turn it OFF again.

I just tried once and when the handset is successfully charging, I immidiately share the good news with you guys

Not sure, whether my solution above will solve the main issue/problem for ever.
At least, you are able to back up your data

Good Luck anyway
New Contributor
X_Marks_The_Spot
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

When I hold the alt, shift, and delete buttons, I get the lightning bolt symbol on the screen. It somewhat allowed my phone to charge, because when I unhooked it from the charger, the red LED was still showing.

Then I tried it without the battery, and That method did not work. I tried it a second time, and when I did, the red LED blinked for a few seconds, then stayed red and disappeared.

So, every time I try the alt, shift, delete method, it seems to charge my battery.

New Contributor
translog
My Device: BBZ10

Hello there I have been reading up on the subject for DAYS and unfortunately have come to the end with no solution.

This is what I have done so far...

Purchased a new battery.

Upgraded to OS 6

Pulled the battery at least 20 times, hard reset.

2 soft resets.

Taken out the memory card.

Turned off everything.

Nada..Nothing..Still a great phone waiting to be used plugged into my wall socket with a new battery at 100% when put into my other Bold 9700 but that right after that and when installed into this Bold 9700 reads 1% battery with a red insignia flashing with a charging bolt threw it showing that its charging.

Oh yeah..Originally the unit would just show that the battery was critically low and state that it was shutting down and would do so after every attempt to revive it, then followed the instruction in this thread to push the off button as it re boots...sucess there ! But light hearted since it just will not state that the battery is OK.

SO yes I am out of solutions.

Forgot one. Threw the f..k thing on the carpet a few times. Yes you are correct I found thart one on the crackberry forum.

If you have any solutions that make sense let me know.

:smileyhappy:

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

translog wrote:

Hello there I have been reading up on the subject for DAYS and unfortunately have come to the end with no solution.

Have you tried this?

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
roxy72
My Device: blackberry bold 9780

Hi, blackberry bold 9780-having same problem phone not charging battery . i have used a plug wallcharger that doesn't attatch to phone . After 24hrs battery was fully charged but when put in phone was totally dead, even tho showing charging it isn't when connected to wall charger or usb, i have also bought brand new batteries and still no joy, i have put my batteries in exact same phone that belongs to my mate and batteries work perfectly.

So then on top of that phone i bought 2nd hand is hard locked showing MEP 0.

Ready for launching phone :smileywink:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

roxy72 wrote:

Hi, blackberry bold 9780-having same problem phone not charging battery . i have used a plug wallcharger that doesn't attatch to phone . After 24hrs battery was fully charged but when put in phone was totally dead, even tho showing charging it isn't when connected to wall charger or usb, i have also bought brand new batteries and still no joy, i have put my batteries in exact same phone that belongs to my mate and batteries work perfectly.

So then on top of that phone i bought 2nd hand is hard locked showing MEP 0.

Ready for launching phone :smileywink:

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Good job on testing and reporting what happened...well done!

Now the bad news...you bought a BB that will likely be of no use to you, ever. The battery testing you did indicates that the BB itself has some hardware level problem inside, for which no amount of OS or software can overcome.

With MEP0, there is nothing further you can do...your BB is now hard-locked to it's originally manufactured for carrier. Even if you happen to have now the correct unlock code, it is useless. Only the factory can now (legally) unlock your BB. Typically, I've heard that the cost of having RIM do this for you will be greater than the cost of just buying a new one. But, you are able to ask them...see here:

Note, however, that this process will start with a fee...

If your BB was already MEP locked and you obtained it from a source that represented it as being able to be unlocked, then your recourse would be with the seller you obtained it from.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
roxy72
My Device: blackberry bold 9780

hi , thank you for answering my dilemma, if  it comes to it i'll just use orange network on this phone as spare or let one of the kids have it :smileywink: if ever get battery sorted :smileyhappy:

thanks again

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates