Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
luken
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold will not charge / turn on, battery already replaced

also when i plug it back into a usb port at this point in time i hear a faint pulsing coming from the phone's speaker

(i just tried my old shot battery which usually results in a red led but the phone still isnt showing any signs of life)

my word.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mdot
My Device: Not Specified

Wow Wheatstraw...that was extremely rude.

I am glad to see that JSanders did not continue to assist.  I am sure you are frustrated - taking it out on someone in a discussion forum (who is trying to help) is not the best plan.

Best of luck to you.  I am having the same problem...hoping someone will come up with another solution.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Zeus2008
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I had the exact same experience - made a call, put the phone down, picked it up a few minutes later and noticed it had shut down, Battery was fully charged, but it still would not turn on. I pulled the battery and re-inserted, but still nothing. I even tried re-charging the Blackberry via the wall charger for a few hours, again, still nothing. Finally, I decided to take the Blackberry to 3 different retailers to see if they could resolve the problem - all 3 inserted a new battery, but could not get it to power back on - one even tested the battery for power and it showed that it was fully charged - another retailer tested my better in a new Blackberry and it worked fine - so its not a battery issue, it is a hardware issue, or possibly a firmware issue - could be a loose wire, so servicing will be required, or the software has to be reinstalled and if the phone isn't powering up to allow you to do that, then you will have to take it in for servicing regardless.

Isn't RIM supposed to be good at what they do??? this is my first and last experince with them. I'll be  switching to the iPhone once my contract expires. I hope to get a better product from a comany that stands behind it's products, especially for the type of dollars I am shelling out. Both cost about the same, but looks like Apple iPhones is the way to go

Please use plain text.
Visitor
fgrottoli
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having the same problem. Since I updated the BB software to the new 5 version, the device has become extremely slow..And sometimes it just freezes, which requires me to remove the battery for a few seconds and then reinsert it...

It just happened this morning, however, when I inserted the battery again..Nothing happens..The red light is not turning on..That should I do? The battery is fully charged, I've tried to plug in to the AC wall, but nothing seems to work...

Please use plain text.
vdalvi
My Device: Bold 9000

Hi, did you phone ever restart. I have the exact same problem. When connected to the car charger (Battery 50% full) the phone just died. Now wont start even when on the mains charger. Removed the battery and put that in after 2 minutes, still does not work. 

Please use plain text.
Carmen1975
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: 3

Funny... I am having exactly the same problem.

I was unaware of the risk with the batteries - I was always told by my ex-husband not to turn my pay-as-you-go phone off or contract for different reasons... Namely he knew one code that could allow you to "Call" on someone else's account (Don't ask! I know it has since been taken down and he was almost prosecuted!) - But I never knew letting my battery fall flat could cause damage.

I am on 3-UK and since yesterday, my phone has stopped booting up totally. I have tried to charge my phone using my AC Charger and a USB port but no luck... However, I have yet to try a rear port - Only our front ones...

I am pleased to say, to a point anyway... I do have insurance on my phone but I need to back up the data before I send it off! **bleep** IT!

I do hope that I can get it charged and back online... If not will reply back and let you all know.

Fingers crossed - And thanks for all the reply

Please use plain text.
chrissmithatwork
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I've got a Bold 9650 that will neither reliably take a charge nor is recognized by Blackberry Desktop when plugged in via USB. When I first got the phone it worked fine, this problem started after updating to v5.0.0.732 (Bundle 1242, Platform 4.2.0.334). Doesn't matter which USB port I plug into, and I've tried it on multiple computers with different USB cables, same result. I'm about to return this thing, as I don't know what else to do...

Please use plain text.
Marii-93
My Carrier: At&t

Hey, about your reply, I wanted to ask, it is fixable right? like a hardware problem will be fixable, cause i purchased this brand new , but then two days later this happens, and i'm not planning to buy a new one. so did you manage to fix such a problem?

Please use plain text.
hotroof
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

I have a Bold 9000 which started wigging out a couple weeks ago.  The display was turning different colors and the objects on the display would be in the wrong places.  Sometimes if I moved the roller ball the screen would clear up and turn back to normal.  I could still make and recieve calls.  I took the phone apart cleaned all connections including the connections for the display and all of the rollerball components.  I wiped the OS and reinstalled with 5.0.  Nothing changed.  Over the next week it got worse then at one point the screen just stayed white.  The phone wont make or recieve calls and there is no way to navigate to anything.  but actually to be honest I don't thing the phone is actually booting up at all.

I had a theory that the CMOS battery (the very small 337 battery soldered to the mobo with the spot welded tabs) was going dead.  A volt meter showed it was putting out 0.70 volts.  It should be about 1.5 volts.  These batteries go out in computer motherboards after a few years and create all kinds of issues with the clock and other hardware on the mobo depending on the design of the board and processor. 

I think that a lot of these odd, unsolved problems where software upgrades etc... Don't solve the problem stem from a dead or dieing CMOS.  I can't find a replacement for that battery.  Because there is no battery holder and because of the special tabs that solder to the board, I think people buy a new phone or upgrade and then Blackberry gets these phones back replaces the battery and then re-sells them as refurbished.  

If anyone knows how to order one of these batteries I'd love to replace mine.  I've emailed 2 places that specialize in iphone and Blackberry repair and have had no responce.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
zebra2955
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: at&t

I had the same probel as most of you mentioned. AT&T just replaced my phone, they knew it was a phone problem not a battery problem

Please use plain text.